Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

I could see them kind of keeping it unclear whether a character we see is actually Luke. Like the rumor of him guarding the Sith tomb. Have someone in a cloak sitting there or moving around where you can't see for sure. Then at some point he turns his lightsaber on or something. I don't buy keeping him until the end either though.

None of these last few rumours sounds legitimate to me. The original ANH Star Wars has prehaps the most iconic, greatest and memorable openning effects shot in the history of cinema. And the first to kick off a brand new series features a lightsabre that tumbles from space to the ground???? !!!!!!!!!Give me a break!!!! Hands up JJA and all the executive producers , if you think this is in any way a good start to the film and NOT a comedy parody. NO? Well then I'd agree.You can say what ever you want about the two Star Trek films (and I thought they were great) but both the opennings were stunning and acknowledged nods to two of JJA's most favorite films. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the proposed "Raiders" reboot gets him as the director and co writer. If I were Disney I'd certainly tie him to both series and I always though it was strange that he isn't doing the next SW episodes.
Neither would I accept the very limited Luke Skywalker appearance, though it must be noted that niether Mark nor Carrie appeared to be involved nearly as much as Harrison throughout the production (afterall they did have to suspend shooting for a couple of weeks because of his accident, whilst normallly, if he had not been so key to the script they could have shot around his scenes). Its been rumoured for ages that Han was central to the story, and the inclusion in many of the set pictures and concept art of the Falcon supports this. Certainly Mark and Carrie seemed to do alot of other things during the shooting , and Mark has hinted that the film is mainly about handing the "batton over" to the new cast. And I could see him playing a much more central role in the next two films as a surviving Jedi rather than as a" Force ghost. But just the last scene??? We all have known for ages he's in the film, so a "mysterious reveal" is a bit pointless. They could just have easily said he wasn't in this film, then flown him in for two days shooting on the quiet or in pickups.
Some of the other rumours may be true, I don't know. They would certainly have a strong gut impact, and JJA has always had a darker edge to his writing.

After reading that I almost, almost, said that I didn't think they could pull off a puppet using that uses the Force. Then my brain said "Well now wait a minute..." :lol It would be interesting to see though if a puppet would work like Yoda did when I was a kid. I'm not sure.

I was a huge fan of the original muppet show as a kid, and when I went to see Empire...Yoda never took me out of the movie. I never thought for a moment that he was a puppet. I would loved to be wowed like that again, especially in this day of CGI.

The only young Luke I'd accept in the movie is pre-ANH. You can't go from Mark Hamill as 24-year-old Luke to someone else as 30-year-old Luke, back to Mark Hamill as 60-year-old Luke, that's just confusing. If it's a standalone that takes place post-RotJ, great, recast, but not if it's part of the main story.

Maybe they could merge both their faces somehow, otherwise I don't see how it would work.

Although could be make up like on Looper.

Depends if post ROTJ Luke already has his beard, that could hide a lot of face.

I'm warming up to the idea of Luke only appearing at the very end to really get us excited for Ep. VIII, especially if we loose Han just before this moment.

The hell it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

What made star wars and its sequels so memorable were the interactions between its cast members, you don't get Ford, Fisher and Hammill back and not have them in scenes together.

It would be like getting the beatles back together when they were all still alive, then getting them to do four new solo songs.

The hell it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

What made star wars and its sequels so memorable were the interactions between its cast members, you don't get Ford, Fisher and Hammill back and not have them in scenes together.

It would be like getting the beatles back together when they were all still alive, then getting them to do four new solo songs.

No, it's like getting the Beatles together to introduce the New Beatles. And Luke is the only OT character who may not be with the others and may not feature in this film. There has not been a single rumor that have put all of the Big Three together in a scene.

And if you think this is a reunion film you proceed from a false assumption. nothing we have read or seen indicates that.

I don't need rumours, my gut tells me we will see them together.

If you need to be told what will happen in a film before you see it, then what is the point of seeing it?

The hiring of the original cast, the filming of most of the film with practical sets, everything suggests an attempt to emulate the success of the OT.

Every rumour we have read so far could be absolute BS, then who would have the false assumptions?

Hammill has already let slip that he has scenes on the falcon.

When so much of the film is an unknown quantity, you can't rule something out just because there has been no rumour about it. Especially when most of the rumours so far contradict all of the previous ones.

I was a huge fan of the original muppet show as a kid, and when I went to see Empire...Yoda never took me out of the movie. I never thought for a moment that he was a puppet. I would loved to be wowed like that again, especially in this day of CGI.

I totally agree. Even at 37 when I rewatch the movies I just see Yoda. That's why I wonder, if a really well done puppet could make a character believable again as an adult.

I'm not sure how a flashback of Luke doing chores, getting yelled at by Uncle Owen, or whining to his friends would help move the plot along. :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back