Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

:D
I can come back as one-armed or a one-handed Jedi that's still around that didn't actually die."

Aaaaaand we have the hook to bring in Harrison!

"I DIDN'T KILL THAT BITH!"

"I don't care!"

:p

Also, the MacGregor story is gone now - was it the one where they asked him and he said essentially "ummm...yeah, I guess so, if they needed me I mean..."? Regardless, what we really need is Ewan's nephew...why break tradition now?

I just watched Kill Bill. When the bride goes to kill O'Ren, she takes out a million soldiers with her sword.

Many things that were included in the prequels irritated me, but what disappointed me most was what got left out.
After seeing Darth Maul in action, I wanted to see Vader, in his helmet, take out his loghtsaber, and proceed to lay waste to multiple Jedi. Obi wan said Vader hunted down and murdered Jedi. I figured that would be the majority of the third movie.

Whatever they do with 7, 8, and 9, there needs to be some serious lightsaber battles. There needs to be serious character building, not some new villain popping up each movie who is quickly dispatched.

I just watched Kill Bill. When the bride goes to kill O'Ren, she takes out a million soldiers with her sword.

Many things that were included in the prequels irritated me, but what disappointed me most was what got left out.
After seeing Darth Maul in action, I wanted to see Vader, in his helmet, take out his loghtsaber, and proceed to lay waste to multiple Jedi. Obi wan said Vader hunted down and murdered Jedi. I figured that would be the majority of the third movie.

Whatever they do with 7, 8, and 9, there needs to be some serious lightsaber battles. There needs to be serious character building, not some new villain popping up each movie who is quickly dispatched.

Just adding in that the youngling massacre doesn't count. Sure it shows his evilness, but it doesn't show he prowess with the blade.

They could have him survive, then come back yelling "There were space snakes in this motherf***ing gutter I landed in!" :lol

Seriously though I could see Luke having a holocron with Mace Windu telling students about something.

if the Jedi library survived (and I can't imagine Palpy wanting to burn the entire temple to the ground as he would benefit from having over 1000 years of Jedi knowledge at his disposal all to his and Vader's self) then there may be plenty of archived recordings from many old wise masters. seems a lot was recorded in the temple being Yoda and Obi Wan were able to quickly check the security recordings to see who slaughtered the younglings and even had the recording of anakin returning to the Emperor to tell him the deed was done. I just can't imagine Palpy would fully destroy the Jedi archives.... didn't he hole up there reading Star Wars comic books until the second death star was built anyway?

Yeah it wouldn't make any sense to destroy the archives. They probably had a lot in there that wasn't public knowledge. I also recall an interview with Lucas (when he was asked about the Temple in the ROTJ SE) he said Palpatine kept it around as a symbol of his victory and to gloat over it.

Yeah it wouldn't make any sense to destroy the archives. They probably had a lot in there that wasn't public knowledge. I also recall an interview with Lucas (when he was asked about the Temple in the ROTJ SE) he said Palpatine kept it around as a symbol of his victory and to gloat over it.

cool, then that could be a way to have Ewan and Samuel back... just as recordings of info that helps the new younglings out somehow... not sure I really need to see them in the new films though but little cameos like that won't kill me I suppose.

There is one thing I'm looking forward to in a new Star Wars movie that I can't say about the last three Trek movies. There won't be an Earth that needs saving.

There is one thing I'm looking forward to in a new Star Wars movie that I can't say about the last three Trek movies. There won't be an Earth that needs saving.
What if a portal is opened above a major city (most likely new york) where the empire comes through and then tries to enslave us all?

That would be awesome and original

What if a portal is opened above a major city (most likely new york) where the empire comes through and then tries to enslave us all?

That would be awesome and original

Yeah! And then we could send a conflicted team of Jedi to stop it, and one of them could fly through the portal with a nuke and it would damage his Jedi armor and....

Wait...

This sounds kinda familiar...

I find myself looking away from the TV when Mace Windu is on. I sure as hell hope he isnt returning to the franchise.

I couldn't agree more...

Knights of the roundtable eloquence and proper English are not Samuel Jackson's skillset at all; his acting was bad in the prequels and there's no reason to think he'll be any more memorable (to anyone other than his wannabe fanboy following) or even worthwhile in Ep. VII. Keep him out.

Ewan McGregor was better, and arguably the epitome of what a young Alec Guinness looked like, but just because he wants to come back too is no reason for him to be in it either. Keep him out as well.

And I read that Corey Feldman is dying to get in on the act as well, along with half of the rest of Hollywood...:rolleyes

Note to Disney: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not cater to these actors the way George Lucas catered to Samuel Jackson and cameoed/memorialized himself, his children and half of his production staff . Just because someone wants a role, it doesn't mean they should have it...

I'm surprised Feldman wants in, surely he's got an obscene amount of choices available to him. Why pick Star Wars, Meh who am I kidding I'd still take him over Sam any day. Stupid purple lightsaber.

I'd be surprised to find ANY actor (maybe Ford aside) who doesn't want in on the next trilogy.

I'd be surprised to find ANY actor (maybe Ford aside) who doesn't want in on the next trilogy.

Aside from the main three actors of Hamill, Fisher, and Ford, I don't want to recognize anyone in these next installments. I prefer the treatment GL gave to the original Star Wars in hiring largely unknown talent. That way I come away not having to see some other movie when I'm trying to watch Star Wars...

Aside from the main three actors of Hamill, Fisher, and Ford, I don't want to recognize anyone in these next installments. I prefer the treatment GL gave to the original Star Wars in hiring largely unknown talent. That way I come away not having to see some other movie when I'm trying to watch Star Wars...

Couldn't agree with you more. There was too many well known actors in the PT (or maybe it was when SW came out I didn't know any different) I mean it was the first film I remember seeing but AG and PC were those characters to me. There was no one who took me out of the film.

I just don't understand the talk of bringing SLJ, EM and LN back. Hell go all in and get HC back too..

I just don't understand the talk of bringing SLJ, EM and LN back. Hell go all in and get HC back too..

I know. Their involvement would be similar in my mind to the relationship that was articulated between Yoda and Chewbacca, a pointless arrangement that tried to tie together everyone everywhere.

There were a trillion beings on Coruscant alone, trillions more spread throughout a republic of over a million planets. Let's retire the tired blood and find some new "peeps"... :lol

Pop over to the prop area for my hoverboard review.

Still following this thread with again hopes that new Star Wars will be good. It will be interesting to see how OT and prequel elements will be combined. If new films get back to storytelling I wouldn't mind a heavier OT influence visually, and Id hate to see old prequel ships jammed into frame for no reason. Hope they ignore midichlorians completely and how can you call yourself a fan and use the term youngling. Its made me cringe since day one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back