Star Tours 2 News: SPOILER

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It has just been confirmed, by none other then Anthony Daniels himself, that the Star Tours 2.0 "pilot" (previously Rex, now SUPPOSED to be AC-38 aka "ACE") will in fact be - C3PO himself! Through some sort of blunder, Star Tours passengers will end up with C3PO as their misfit pilot on their new itenerary, when Star Tours 2.0 opens at Disneyland and Walt Disney World next year.

Here's the article from MiceChat:
=======================================================

Back inside Disneyland, work continues on Star Tours in Tomrorowland.

Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald shared some more news on the upcoming re-imagined Star Tours early last week on the Disney Parks Blog:
Who’s Flying This Thing?!
It was great to read your comments about the pilots of Star Tours on my last post. Some people really want to see Rex again in the new show. Others are excited about the introduction of the new character “Ace.” And then there are those who are speculating about a bigger role for Threepio. So, I thought it was time we set the story straight about just who will be in the cockpit in the new show. And guess what? You’re all right!

As explained earlier, all Star Tours Starspeeder 1000s are flown using the latest AC-series Tour Droids. And in fact, our initial plans were for our flight to be piloted by AC-38 better known as “Ace.” However, in discussions with George Lucas during the course of our production, we decided to take the story in a very different direction.

So…while AC-38 is supposed to be our pilot, by the time we actually take off, the droid sitting in the pilot’s seat will be none other than…C-3PO!

It’s one of the biggest changes and surprises in the new show. “Professional grit stopped me from yelling the glorious new storyline from the rooftops,” said Anthony Daniels recently. “It’s fun having secrets like this, waiting to share them at the right time.”

You’ll see just how Threepio becomes our pilot when the adventures continue next year.

This week, our Imagineering team begins installation of the Audio-Animatronics figures into the Starspeeder cabins at Disneyland park, and next month at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Oh, and for all you Rex fans, don’t worry – we have a spot for him in the new show!http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/131566-disneyland-resort-project-tracker-ii.html
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/131566-disneyland-resort-project-tracker-ii.html
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/131566-disneyland-resort-project-tracker-ii.html

Thanks for the update. I wanna check this out when it reopens. I went on the ride in August before it closed and it did seem alittle dated.

Thank the maker. Well, now we know there will be one redeeming quality with 3PO in there. Could not stand Rex. Now if they could just eliminate the pod race...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back