Interesting article on new xbox

Saw both Sony's and M$'s E3 conference and M$ was total FAIL :facepalm
Sony made fun of M$.... and they have easily won over a LOT of "Xbox only"-folks :D

Woot! Keeping the Failbox streak going. I just love mircopoop logic on stuff. you have beeen out played and out classed once more.

Ms doesn't care one bit. It reeks of ego and looking down on folks who aren't in big cities. I read the article about it on forbes and 2 of the twits in the comments are as clueless as MS spouting off the fact that a lot of homes have net. Sure but it's not always good net. I swear gamers are getting stupider.

lol TKO with the win going to Sony and a lesser win to Nintendo. Sony has always been good to gamers.

Sony has always been good to gamers? Which CEO was it before the ps3 launched at 599 and 699 who said gamers would just get a second job to afford their new console? Oh how soon we forget...

This thing is far from decided guys, at least as far as who's going to do better in the marketplace.

I was already leaning towards buying a PS4, but after reading about the XBone's ridiculous restrictions, it's really a no-brainer. Sony straight up slaughtered Microsoft, it was like the Red Wedding all over again.

The only thing that MS can do to keep me at this point is say, "We got the message. Everything goes back to the way it was. No always on, no Kinect being plugged in. Our bad." Otherwise I'm a Sony man. That fact I'll be able to get PS3 games is even better. It will be like getting two consoles for less than an xBox.

I figured they'd start charging but since i don't do multiplayer i'm not that worried. We're lucky it was free as long as it has.

The only thing that MS can do to keep me at this point is say, "We got the message. Everything goes back to the way it was. No always on, no Kinect being plugged in. Our bad." Otherwise I'm a Sony man. That fact I'll be able to get PS3 games is even better. It will be like getting two consoles for less than an xBox.

That's about where I come out, if I even buy a console in the next year or so. I doubt there'll be exclusive Xbox content that I really really want, and my setup at home can already do most of what the Xbox One claims to do, or can accomplish the same ends if not by the same means. The Kinect is kind of neat, but I haven't gone out and bought one for my 360 yet, and given that it lacks any interesting game support, I see no real reason to other than voice commands for the dashboard.

I don't know that this means one side "wins" the console war one way or the other, but I think people who buy them primarily for games will be tempted by the PS4 more than the Xbox One. Folks looking for a media center will gravitate more towards the Xbox One.

I honestly think that the real problem here is one of branding by MS. Calling this device an "Xbox" connotes a gaming console, which in turn begs the question of why gaming seems to be either an afterthought or severely hampered (at least in relation to the way many gamers want it to be). If this was called something like, say, the MS Family Media Center or the MS Hearth or the MS MediaOne, I think there'd be a lot less uproar.

Giant Bomb's Interview Dumptruck - Sony's Scott Rohde Answers Your Burning PS4 Questions - Giant Bomb

Inside two minutes of interview "PS Plus required to do online games." Guess I wasn't wrong about that one ahem ahem free online for playstation went where?

I've been a PS+ subscriber for over 3 years. The perks you receive far outweigh the costs and definitely far outweigh what an XBL Gold subscription gives. $50 a year and I've easily gotten back 10 fold that amount for being a subscriber. I have absolutely no problem continuing my PS+ subscription on the PS4.

Edit: I also must add that a PS+ subscription is tied to the console's master account and can be used by any sub account under it and not each individual user account like XBL Gold.

Last edited:
To be honest I watched the trailer for halo 5 and was very underwhelmed by it compared to the one for halo 4. Hate to tell MS but i think that franchise is about done. i bet it sells good on PC though.

I agree wit infymys. I never even do online gaming, but I subscribe to PS+ just for the free games. My hard drive is getting full with more games than ill ever have time to play and all of them free. It more than pays for itself.

I agree wit infymys. I never even do online gaming, but I subscribe to PS+ just for the free games. My hard drive is getting full with more games than ill ever have time to play and all of them free. It more than pays for itself.

I like that Playstation Network is free, but the free games you get when you subscribe to Playstation Plus are only available with a current subscription. Cancel that subscription and those games go away.

I've been a PS+ subscriber for over 3 years. The perks you receive far outweigh the costs and definitely far outweigh what an XBL Gold subscription gives. $50 a year and I've easily gotten back 10 fold that amount for being a subscriber. I have absolutely no problem continuing my PS+ subscription on the PS4.

Edit: I also must add that a PS+ subscription is tied to the console's master account and can be used by any sub account under it and not each individual user account like XBL Gold.

I didn't mean to say that PS+ isn't worth your money or that you shouldn't use it, just saying that Sony fanboys can't use that free multiplayer excuse anymore.
Also, as of XBox One the single gold subscription on the console covers all players tied to it.

Please don't take me as an xbox fanboy here, I own all three current consoles and dig them each. But I feel like MS is getting a little unfairly maligned. They've earned some of it with their confused PR approach right after reveal, but at this point the biggest differences between the two consoles is going to be that one comes bundled with a camera and costs $100 more with some nifty media bells and whistles.

They both showed a ton of games, and with nearly all third party games coming to both systems I know my money will go to an XB one first. I will take a new halo over just about anything sony has in it's first party lineup. Hell, we're even going to see FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 on XB one.

I like that Playstation Network is free, but the free games you get when you subscribe to Playstation Plus are only available with a current subscription. Cancel that subscription and those games go away.

Renew the subscription and they all come back. It's $50 a year for all those perks you get. XBL Gold at $60 a year lets you play online and access to apps that (apps that you're paying monthly for I might add) you can access on the PS3 WITHOUT a PS+ subscription.

Don't get me wrong, I have both a 360 and PS3 and I actually play my 360 much, much more than the Sony because of multiplayer. I use my PS3 for certain exclusives, imports and single player games. But I make no qualms in what my preference is for the next gen.

Also, as of XBox One the single gold subscription on the console covers all players tied to it.

I just read an article on that. I was referring to the current XBL Gold for 360 where it's tied to the user.

Still a Fail Box, now just Fail Box one. Nice knowing ya Failbox. best thing they could do is make the system use keyboard n mouse action like a pc. you'll get more gamers that way, plus already have a foot in with what you know more than consoles.

Trust me, if the used game stuff on the XB produces for publishers they will force it on sony as well. The only thing that will stop them is being sued. And good luck suing Sony. By joining their network you give up the right to sue and have to go through an arbitrator of their choice.

Similarly, if the used game thing fails for the XB, it'll be abandoned by publishers as well. I believe the design is that used games are legit, unless the publisher's decides to disallow it. If that happens, they can regulate the resale or ban it outright. At this point it's a threat but not a promise. However, it will get used by someone. Interesting to see how it'll work out.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back