Fright Night remake trailer

Looks terrible. I would rather have seen Tom Holland's script that keeps the original in tact while being a stand alone film as well.

im gonna have to agree with Rob. I like how they brought the movie up to date in the scene where he is picking the lock. His iPhone says "how to pick a lock" or whatever lol.

How can they do this without Roddy the vampire slayer. I'll catch it free on Hulu or something. Looks like a late night excuse to eat popcorn. Wait who needs an excuse, LOL

Looks good! I guess with the interwebs, they figured no kid would need a mentor like Roddy McDowall. Heck, even in the trailer he googles from his phone on how to pick a lock! :lol

There is a 'Peter Vincent' / Roddy character, he only gets a split second in the Trailer though - it's David Tennent from Doctor Who. Instead of a late night horror movie host, he's a Criss Angel type illusionist, who's show is called Fright Night... And this remake is written by Tom Holland, the writer & director of the original film...

The original is my favorite vampire film of all, I will see this new one just to see what they come up with...

I'll see it because of David Tennent - but without the character of EVIL - that's where we lose everything.

"VAMPIRES BREWSTER??"

And this remake is written by Tom Holland, the writer & director of the original film...

The original is my favorite vampire film of all, I will see this new one just to see what they come up with...

Google "Marti Noxon". Tom didnt write it.

Looks good! I guess with the interwebs, they figured no kid would need a mentor like Roddy McDowall. Heck, even in the trailer he googles from his phone on how to pick a lock! :lol

My friend and I saw the remake already in theaters a month or so ago. We were in one of the test screening 3d groups, and we were both chosen along with 18 others to stay after the film to discuss the film.......

The film was good. It was funny, entertaining, and somewhat suspenseful.....it lag a little here and there, but overall it was a good film.....Colin Farell was awesome. He was the perfect vampire and the guy who plays doctor Who was amazing. I never laughed so hard. I would recommend it to friends

Everything that made the original special and still appealing to me today is that the vampires were true " CREATURES OF THE NIGHT'. They were monsters, beasts, truely satanic beings warded off by the cross of ******. Todays vampires are just pale beings, that are lovely, sexy people that may or may not show some lame teeth.

Fright Night original.............extended fingers and nails, wolfs, big ass bats, every vampire has his different looks and transformations, coffins, crosses, holy water, sunlight, RED EYES for gods sake. I dont see any of that here or even implied. Im SURE it will be night and day better than all the other crap like Twilight and other sissy movies, but still, I think the remake is MISSING THE WHOLE POINT of the original.

I hope they prove me wrong, but hollywood just doesnt get it. Although I think Farrel will be a really good vampire. He has got the chops and bad ass vibe to do it.

The original was a throw back to Hammer films. Tom wrote the part of Peter Vincent with Christopher Lee in mind but after some testing, he was too deadpan and serious. After working/speaking with Roddy McDowall, that was it. Another interesting thing is Tom was left completely alone with no interference from the studio in regards to much anything. This was right when the studio system was changing from film to the corporate dictatorship system. If you ever get the chance, ask him about it. Much of whats become well known about Fright Night's origin isnt 100% true. There is much left along the side lines.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back