The Expendables II

Check this out, as of August Arnie does appeares to have been puting in some serious gym time:

attachment1.jpg

He seriously appears to be Hulking-out his shirt!

I believe Van Damme got back into shape for the new Universal Soldier film that was done some months back in Louisiana which lead to Dolph vouching for him on the Expendables. His reputation from his attitude in his glory days cemented his career for many years. He has his act together and has for some time, its just taken the right people to realize it.

In regards to Arnold, if he had another six months to train I think he would be back into T2 shape. As crazy as that sounds, he was slimmed down for T2. For T3, there was some "Hollywood magic" involved. The main reason was more health related at the time than anything else. Many dont comprehend he had a back injury in the late 90's that put a big damper on his physical fitness. As I keep saying muscle memory is a hell of a thing. Combined with a strict diet and supplements, he could get back into T2 shape even being near 65 years old.
On a side note, I dont believe he wants to get back into that shape. He wants to do other films and enjoy life as opposed to be tied down to a weight room again. But of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

arnie-expwndables-2.jpg

I get the feeling if a fight broke out between this group of guys, Arnold would not stand a chance. Those guys look like have killed a few people before.

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SWORD? Is it from Conan?

I've met both Arnie and Sly(more than once) and Arnold is exactly my height(6'1") but Sly is shorter by about 3-4 inches maybe 5'9 or 5'10. Arnold was slouching a little, probably because of age and Sly was wearing boots, both times. Arnie was also very "soft" and looked like he hadn't touched a barbell in years.

I met The Rock once. He was big, but not BIG. In The Rundown, he looked huge, and towered above Arnie in his cameo.

Stallone has lifts in everything. Even his gym shoes.

Franco is 5' 2". [ He is the perfect shape and size for comic book Wolverine.]

attachment.php

Ive met most popular wrestlers up till around 04 or 05. The Rock had wide shoulders but again, im a little over 6'2" and could look over his head. Next to football, wrestling is the biggest reality to paper size height ratio to laugh at. Those false ratios on paper and "official" height quotes will forever cloud the truth. Even the times ive taken pictures with "stars" I purposely slouch or lean which others will do subconsciously as well in a typical setting.

As mentioned, Arnold will slouch on the regular due to a prior back injury. To help combat the injury he may or may not be wearing padded shoes at any given time.

This movie is going to redefine the word: Epic.

Chuck freaking Norris!!

I'm just worried that on opening night when all the reels start to roll on the first showing that the theaters will instantly EXPLODE since no man made object can contain all that awesomeness.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back