Edge of Tomorrow ( Live Die Repeat) (Post-release)

Re: Edge of Tomorrow (Post-release)

One freaking time!!:facepalm And it ruins the character and makes her a dumb broad?! Get real...she was willing to sacrifice herself for the mission. Cage was tired of seeing her die. She only wanted to give him a chance. End of.

Did we watch the same film?

Rita wasn't the reason the mission wasn't working. Bill's lack of willingness to allow her to die permanently was the issue. That was a shortcoming on his part, not hers.

Actually it was hers because he tried to explain to her how every time he involved her, she wound up dead. She didn't tell him not to involve her next time.

One freaking time!!:facepalm And it ruins the character and makes her a dumb broad?! Get real...she was willing to sacrifice herself for the mission. Cage was tired of seeing her die. She only wanted to give him a chance. End of.

Now you're just stretching it. I wasn't making that argument to call Rita a dumb broad. I was making that argument to point out that Art's statement "One character could not do it own their own without the other." was inaccurate since he clearly got something done without her.

Come on... you are just wanting to argue at this point...

Inception-Squint.jpg

Actually it was hers because he tried to explain to her how every time he involved her, she wound up dead. She didn't tell him not to involve her next time.

Now you're just stretching it. I wasn't making that argument to call Rita a dumb broad. I was making that argument to point out that Art's statement "One character could not do it own their own without the other." was inaccurate since he clearly got something done without her.

In that case, I apologize, I'm just used to you being woefully unsatisfied with the female leads.

In that case, I apologize, I'm just used to you being woefully unsatisfied with the female leads.

That's alright Crabra. You should see my posts regarding Frozen before it was released. It went from the film I dreaded with a vengeance to my favorite film of that year after seeing it. I don't do it for the sake of doing it. I'll know when it's done right. And if I may say, despite all my points, Rita was very nice character. I knew going into this film that it wasn't her movie and no matter how much the writers try to show how tough she is, Cruise will still be the one who saves the day in the end (i.e. typical white male caucasian saves the world). This is certainly one of the better films I've seen all summer, and that's topping all the Marvel movies I've seen and Godzilla.

I knew going into this film that it wasn't her movie and no matter how much the writers try to show how tough she is, Cruise will still be the one who saves the day in the end (i.e. typical white male caucasian saves the world).

I think the term TV Tropes would apply to it is "Whitey Saves The School." Or in this case, "Whitey Saves The World." LOL. :lol

Rita was very nice character. I knew going into this film that it wasn't her movie and no matter how much the writers try to show how tough she is, Cruise will still be the one who saves the day in the end (i.e. typical white male caucasian saves the world).

Why such a racist/sexist view? I see "biggest star in the movie" saves the world. Of course it is Cruise, not because he is white and not because he is... a he, but because he is the biggest star with the biggest draw. I think you are reading WAY WAY too much into it at this point.

You're flipping your views a little too much Art. First you make your stance by saying this is a buddy movie, now you're saying it's the biggest star (singular) who saves the world. Buddy movies usually don't single out one person the way you just did.

Great movie. Period. We're living in a time where we can go to a dark room, be transported into a make-believe world and be totally engrossed and entertained. It gives us ideas, encouraging creativity and forward thinking. What really is there to complain about? I imagine that we here on TheRPF appreciate this kind of film more than most. Movies like this are made by us, for us. I've learned to go into a film like this not expecting it to change my life but to just enjoy the experience. I've watched films in the past that I had great expectations for and 9 times out of 10 I'm disappointed when I leave. Don't get me wrong, a BAD movie is a bad movie regardless. This one gets 2 thumbs up from me and so many people knocking on Tom Cruise, he's a good actor. Just because he's not a character actor doesn't mean his movies suck. I couldn't care less about his personal life/views. He's made a lot of very entertaining films and this is one of them.

Cheers!
mattermaker.

Entertaining movie, glad I caught this on the big screen. The action wasn't as much as I'd hope but the movie felt fresh and as much as I don't like the guy, Cruise really delivered. My only beef was I thought Blunt was not the right actress for the role, and there was a slow stretch right before the last mission, but other than that a well-executed film.

Loved every second of this film. Saw it in as an advanced screening, loved it so much, I took my gf Friday night and made sure to support it. It was entertaining and a lot of fun. Not one person had something bad to say about it. Can't wait for the direct adaptation of the manga to be released here.

I saw it twice. Just took my dad for a late father's day hangout this week, even though I saw it already. He loved it. There was a hilarious girl somewhere a few rows behind me who screamed every time a mimic came out of the screen in the 3D effects.

Absolutely loved it. I'll definitely buy the blu ray when it's out ! Seems like sic-fi and Tom Cruise is a winning combination

So... went back and saw this again with a friend (who absolutely loved it) and I have to say, while I still hate the ending, I actually liked it a bit better on the second viewing!

I spent the best part of a year working on this, prototyping the armour and weapons and making props. I was suprised by the slow start, and negative response, but am glad to see it's doing OK now. It was a great one to work on, my favourite job (SW VII aside). I'd like to think that most TC haters would change their opinion of him if they met and worked for the guy... and disregarded all the negative media, goofy **** and his private life.

Saw this movie last night. My wife and I really enjoyed it. I would love to respond to some of the comments made here and support some of the observations. But it could easily turn into a book. So I'll just say that, despite some plot holes I found, it was a good story with very well developed male and female characters. Cool action and great use of military tech to tell a sci fi story that is character driven. We already can't wait for the Blue-ray of this on our shelves.

At the end of the night, it was a fun ride and sold some popcorn. Everything a movie is supposed to do (in my opinion).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back