Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Post-release)

There were about 6-7 Hydra bases that Col. Phillips asked Cap to take out and then a montage of random battle scenes when Cap gets his hero suit, implying it was a drawn out campaign to wipe out Hydra in Europe. I think you were thinking of in between the USO tour and Bucky rescue, in which case yes Cap doesn't do anything. But in between the Bucky rescue and the Zola train capture mission is where all those Smithsonian clips would've come in. Also remember Cap doesn't get his hero suit until after the Bucky rescue anyway, which is what the Smithsonian clips show him wearing.

[video]http://www.alansilvestri.com/video2-captain-america-the-first-avenger-invaders-montage-10.htm[/video]

Last edited:
Uh... no he didn't secure permission. He went in specifically against orders. After the mission was successful, Colonel Phillips decided that perhaps arresting and punishing the man who brought back all the POWs and some Hydra tech wasn't the best idea.

This^^. Captain America had NO war experience before going to save Bucky and the POWs. He even stole one of the girl dancers helmet when doing a runner as his own was plastic due to him being there to raise spirits.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

saw it yesterday, thought it was better than tfa.
one small quip..........why does all the promo for the movie show a beat-up shield (without paint even).

Loved the movie! Some of my favorite scenes were the Zolo computer conversation. It was a great nod to the comics and played out great. They even gave him the cyclops camera eye! The scene with Peggy was quite touching. You could see the sadness and loss but he still went to visit her (alot i assumed from the scene) despite her not being able to remember his visits.

Caps improved fighting style is both brutal and very fluid. I like it! My only quibble is the shield that bounces off two guys (their faces/heads) and then buries itself in the steel wall of the ship. With that kind of force, it should have turned their heads into goo! But, I guess, the image of Cap removing peoples heads and walking around with a bloodly shield would play pretty bad. :lol

After taking fire from the mini-gun, the colors of the shield are dim and dingy. It matches his "tactical" uniform. When Captain steals his WWII uniform back, the colors are back on the shield. A metaphor indeed.

Where Were Iron Man And Hawkeye In THE WINTER SOLDIER? | Badass Digest
A good explanation for the nitpickers, but some will likely nitpick about those reasons as well.

And then there is the following I saw posted on FB:

Robert Saucedo: "People who say there is a plot hole in CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 due to the fact that Captain America doesn't call the Avengers for help probably call everybody in their phonebook whenever they get a flat tire."

And this from last year:

devincf: "I imagine the people wondering why Tony Stark didn't call in the Avengers in IRON MAN 3 call mom whenever they have a problem."

I did two video reviews of the movie. Both Spoiler and Spoiler free version. The links are below
Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Where Were Iron Man And Hawkeye In THE WINTER SOLDIER? | Badass Digest

devincf: "I imagine the people wondering why Tony Stark didn't call in the Avengers in IRON MAN 3 call mom whenever they have a problem."

Well, since the end of IM3 kind of left him starting back at square one after all his suits and his house were destroyed, maybe he just wasn't set up to help. Not to mention they didn't really like eachother all that much.
Definitely agree with the Hawkeye thing. I can't imagine he's hailing Hydra but after TWS, who knows.

I think he managed pretty well with his peeps. I do hope they make a lot of references to the events of this movie in Avengers 2 though.

I figured when they showed Brock being pulled out of the wreckage that he was a Universe character.... didn't know who until now.

Crossbones

Also just looked on IMDb and I don't see Anthony Mackie cast in Age of Ultron which is a huge disappoinment. I thought his character was done very well in TWS...

Also just looked on IMDb and I don't see Anthony Mackie cast in Age of Ultron which is a huge disappoinment. I thought his character was done very well in TWS...

Mackie mentioned in an interview that he hasn't heard anything about AoU, I'd say he's not going to be in the movie, maybe a mention or quick cameo at most. I do agree his chemistry with Evans was excellent. However, with Cheadle confirmed in AoU, if we're talking supporting cast I'd rather put Falcon on hold and see if Marvel can finally do War Machine justice. WM putting holes in a bunch of Ultron drones? Hell yeah!

I agree they're going to need as much heavy hitters against Ultron as possible, but I can't stand Cheadle as War Machine and would much rather have Mackie/Falcon running with Cap.
I kind of feel like Stark could just have another "House Party Protocol" for Ultron rather than bring in war Machine. But that tactic has been played out once already and I can't see them using it again.

I agree they're going to need as much heavy hitters against Ultron as possible, but I can't stand Cheadle as War Machine and would much rather have Mackie/Falcon running with Cap.
I kind of feel like Stark could just have another "House Party Protocol" for Ultron rather than bring in war Machine. But that tactic has been played out once already and I can't see them using it again.

Ultrons gonna probably have control over most of tonys toys for some part of the film. Im guessing that will be what gets Tony back in the suit himself. Not having Jarvis available to run it.

Ultron 'should' be able to control everything. And be faster than any house protocol robot. Hes a self aware AI. The computation required for automatic suits to act based on Tonys instructions alone would give Ultron a HUGE edge. Im guessing this is where the vision will be required. Not even all the Avengers can stop Ultron. Hes simply too fast and complex to predict. The only thing that can hurt him being an equal.

Also. Theyll probably play on rhodes beliefs that a machine cant act on instinct. Giving him am edge on the house party if the above wasnt played out that way.

I dont mind Cheadle. I dont think hes had much of a chance. He wasnt allowed to shoot anyone in iron man 3. And was took over for most of IM2. Id like to see him kicking some more backside without anything going wrong in the suit.

But lets face it. IM3 had more to worry about then Rhodes getting any action. Nothing annoys me more then watching an xmas film when its not winter. More so when theres no reason for it. I really hope they dont allow Shane another shot at it. Any director that tries to put needless 'hey its xmas time' infront of story telling loses my respect. He ruined the suit up scene! Sorry... getting off topic. Our minds will wander!

J

But, you also have to wonder how the Vision might fit into this as well - with Tony being the logical father of both.

Enter Paul Bettany.

My thoughts.
Tony creates Ultron who becomes a massive ******. Then. Call it look or whatever. Ultron creates vision. Who flips. And its conveniently lucky cos the team can't beat him alone.

A better theory I think would be to have him with split personalities. Ultron being the bad. Vision being the good part of his conscience. And eventually finding his own host to take over. More thought out but you get the drift.
I just think it seems a bit TOO convenient for ultron to flip then vision to flip back.

It seems to me that its going to be Bettanys character that puts Ultron on his backside eitger way. Would make sense. I find it hard to believe the Avengers could put away a super AI without help. Depending how smart theyre going to make him. An equal beating him would make sense.

J

We just got home from seeing Winter Soldier and I absolutely loved it! I need a day to digest and organize my thoughts, but there was SO much to love in this movie...

Saw it for the second time today.. I loved it even more. And if you watch CA:TFA then CA:TWS back to back it's a wonderful transition from creation to full blown bad ass Cap!!

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Spoilers!!!!!!!! LOTS OF SPOILERS!!!!!

The ending leaves so many options open. Fury is off to Europe hunting the "last of the Hydra rats" and I guess (ex ) Agents of Shield could either help him or as a separate unit work independantly to hunt them down in the States. And The Baron seems to hint that the remaining Hydra units can be sacrificed for a new vision in this "age of miracles". The predictive program from Zolo is still out there and I guess could easily infect anything Tony Stark eventually invents. Did Zolas program have a hand in infleuncing Jarvis's development and therefore anothers (rather than Frank Pym????). Is the algorythimic program actually that "person" who remains so unseen yet so controlling everything in Agents of Sheild. Theres no denying now the break at christmas WAS deliberate so the series didn't spoil the film and I wonder how much of the TWS's increased box office is a direct result of the viewing interest in Agents of Shield. Its a very cleverly designed marketing tool if thats the case that I guess could be well copyed in the future.
Maria Hill is in Stark Towers now (and I swear I saw Tonys name and a couple of other Avengers appear elsewhere in Stark Tower during the targetting phase of Insite saterlite sequence) . And personally I'm glad The Falcon and the Cap are probably going on a "road trip" together for CA3 , as previously said their chemistry together on screen worked well, but so did pretty much everyones in the film. The Widow seems destined for a different path but that could be the real life pregnacy of SJ influencing that.
Second time around I was again as hugely impressed but not as overwhelmed by TWS as the first .It gave me enough time to absorb what was going on and appreiate some of the background detail and influences . More than any marvel film yet out this has so openned up the potential of future stories in such an incredibly clever way whilst still intergrating it so well with the past films. Its the pivitol film in the Marvel Universe as far as I'm concerned and you've got to give a lot of credit to Marvel and Disney for making this franchise so powerful and yet so very good. I hope to high heaven they manage to do the same with Star Wars.
Guardians of the Galaxy next. Theres a new slightly extended clip of Starlord just out there. Its a great time to be going to the cinema. Role on the Summer.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back