The Americans

Watched last night and although I missed about 10 minutes when a storm took out Directv signal, I liked it. Have to catch it again to see what I missed

It was pretty good, FX usually does the manly shows right and this one has the testosterone maxed out.
The female lead is convincing enough as a badass and her hubby plays a good silent operator who reacts when necessary.

I'm really enjoying this show, but then I'm a big history/espionage fan. If you watch this show and don't come away looking at your neighbors a little suspiciously, you're probably the sleeper agent! :lol :behave

I look at my neighbors suspiciously, but more because they left their dog outside once in a snowstorm and I had to rescue it. And they've yet to thank me for saving their dog's life. They're probably commies...

We just finished watching the last episode of Season 1 of The Americans, (FX) and I have to say, this is such an intriguing show! If any of you get the chance to watch this from the beginning, you will be hooked from episode 1.

This is a hard-hitting, fast-paced, intense drama set during the end of the Cold War in the 1980’s Reagan era.

It’s about an undercover Russian couple who are spies that appear to everyone to be an average American couple, living in the suburbs with two kids and running a travel agency. Everything about this show is top-notch: the characters, the acting, the stories, the sets, the history, etc. And they’ve really nailed all the details of the 1980s.

If any of you are really into 1980’s nostalgia or props, then you will really appreciate this show also.

I’m fairly picky about what I watch, and I have to say, this is near the top of my list for favorite TV shows!

The Americans (TV Series 2013? ) - IMDb

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back