American Sniper (Post-release)

Re: American Sniper

Thats a perfect word to describe the trailer. I'm looking forward to this one

Definitely intense and really looking forward to this one. It looks like they got a good consultant on this movie since Bradley Cooper's character is sitting pretty far back in his hidey hole with no part of his rifle poking out through the loophole just like how real military snipers do it.

Definitely intense and really looking forward to this one. It looks like they got a good consultant on this movie since Bradley Cooper's character is sitting pretty far back in his hidey hole with no part of his rifle poking out through the loophole just like how real military snipers do it.

Kevin “Dauber” Lacz who was Chris Kyle's partner for his last two tours, was a technical adviser and he plays himself in the movie.

This looks like it is going to be so well done. There needs to be a good modern sniper movie based on true events!

- - - Updated - - -

The downside to this is that now I want to go out and buy a 308 with a bull barrel that takes box mags.

A few observations.

1. It looks exceptionally well done, at least based on the trailer.

2. It looks incredibly intense and emotionally harrowing.

3. Based on #2, I think I'm gonna pass unless I'm in a particular mood and catch it on HBO or find it on streaming.

4. Man, Bradley Cooper is in everything these days...

This looks like it is going to be so well done. There needs to be a good modern sniper movie based on true events!

- - - Updated - - -

The downside to this is that now I want to go out and buy a 308 with a bull barrel that takes box mags.

An M1A will about fill that bill, I don't know that it comes with a bull barrel but it is a .308, has a box mag, and there are several different models to choose from. Alternately, there are several variants of the AR-10 out and I'm pretty sure that you can build or buy one with a bull barrel. Then there's the good 'ol Remington 700 which is the base for the Marine Corps' M40 line of sniper of rifles and I believe that the Army at one time also had a Remington 700 variant before switching from .308 to .300 Win Mag.

An M1A will about fill that bill, I don't know that it comes with a bull barrel but it is a .308, has a box mag, and there are several different models to choose from. Alternately, there are several variants of the AR-10 out and I'm pretty sure that you can build or buy one with a bull barrel. Then there's the good 'ol Remington 700 which is the base for the Marine Corps' M40 line of sniper of rifles and I believe that the Army at one time also had a Remington 700 variant before switching from .308 to .300 Win Mag.

A Remington 700 SPS Tac has been on my wishlist for a long time, but I think I'll end up building my own AR-10 based off of the DPMS platform.

If I didn't need a car to drive around in I'd just sell that and buy an Accuracy International though... because why not.

You were a sniper?

I'm guessing no, but I think he means in most movies the "sniper" is sitting with his rifle hanging out the window so everyone can see him.

You were a sniper?

No, but I've seen enough documentaries to know how snipers operate in an urban environment. They sit back so they can remain hidden, if they poke the barrel of their weapon out of a window or some other opening someone might see the weapon or they might just see the sniper themselves. On the other hand sitting back their weapon remains hidden and the sniper is hidden in the shadows, sometimes snipers even use some kind of shroud in order in order to conceal themselves even further.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Looking forward to this although I'm still not buying Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle.

What do you know about Chris Kyle?

lAbeoNJ.gif

Attachments

• lAbeoNJ.gif
    lAbeoNJ.gif
    913.3 KB · Views: 95
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back