The Amazing Spider-Man (Post-release)

NuRF

Had a quick look around and couldn't see a similar thread. If there is and I missed it, sorry.

Last night I managed to get tickets to an advance screening in London. I went in with serious concerns about the soundtrack and the writing. Well, I have never been so happy to be so wrong. And I was so VERY wrong. The film is incredible. I loved the Raimi films but this is on a whole new level. I personally dislike 3D but, with the exception of 2 5 seconds clips, got so engrossed it didnt matter. The only downside is I now have to wait 2 weeks to see it again.

There is been quite the good buzz on the movie from the UK premiere. Glad the movie exceeded your expectations NuRF.

I have to wait another 10 days before it releases here on June 29, most of Asia is getting it a week earlier as well. And Japan got the world premiere last week on June 13.

http://www.therpf.com/f47/amazing-spider-man-reboot-movie-discussion-102277/
Those waiting until July 3, can also discuss the movie in the pre-release thread linked above.

i dunno if its just me, but ive got NO desire to see this movie. The trailers just seem so "meh" to me. im eagerly awaiting reviews on here to see if its worth my time and money.

I feel the same way, berger. I want to like it, I want to be excited about it, but just seems too soon to reboot, and I am not too excited to see another origins story even though it has a different spin.

I have a lot of enthusiasm for this new film but that's probably because I didn't like the last three all that much! I am a big Spidey fan so am hoping this reboot clicks with me :)

I like Spider-Man and want to like this movie but I don't think the Raimi films can be topped. What I've seen so far I don't like. The costume is terrible. Garfield's voice doesn't sound like Spidey to me. In the trailer when he says the line about small knives being his weakness, it doesn't work for me. Spidey's supposed to be a smart a** but it sounds dumb to me. I guess he just isn't who I'd pick for the part so anything he says or does isn't going to be "right" for me.

Plus the part about the Lizard making Spidey. Huh? At least that's what I'm getting from the trailers. Maybe that's how the new books are but I'm old school and that isn't how it was.

Dennis Leary was on Letterman and showed a clip of Spidey swinging around. It looked good visually but he kept "wooing" as he was swinging. A bit too much for me. I think I'll pass. Maybe watch it on tv at some point.

Plus the part about the Lizard making Spidey. Huh? At least that's what I'm getting from the trailers. Maybe that's how the new books are but I'm old school and that isn't how it was.

You have mis-interpreted the trailer. The origin of Spidey hasnt been changed. He is accidentally bitten by a radioactive/gentically altered spider. Lizard had nothing to do with it. In fact, its the other way round.

But you obviously have strong opinions of the re-boot. I can respect that.

There was a line where Connors says to Parker something about "do you think what happened to you was an accident?" Made me think he had something to do with his creation.

I did remember the line where Parker says "I created him. I have to stop him" or something like that. I don't recall that being the Lizard's origin either. Oh and the Lizard looks terrible too.

The 'do you think what happened was an accident' line isn't in the film. And in the trailer, you never actually know who is being spoken to, or what context. It could be aimed at Connors refering to how he lost his arm. It could be aimed at Peter, but in context to his family situation ie - his parents death not being an accident. Not that it matters because it's been takn out anyway!

Interesting. I had thought they were going with the " your Dad, was working on this project with me, and well messed with your DNA, and the radioactive spider bite reawakened those dormant mutated genes..hence making you Spider Man" plot.

Yeah, the trailer along with some of the viral stuff alluded to that - but it's not there now. Maybe they thought better of it? Maybe it's been but back for a sequel plot line?

The Raimi films were fun in my eyes and I think it was too soon to reboot... especially starting with another origin story. This time an origin story that seems to go too far away from the roots of Spider-Man.

I hate the new costume. It's just a terrible design to my eyes.

Andrew Garfield may be a great up and coming actor. But, does he look like Peter Parker? Again, not to my eyes.

Emma Stone is going to be a great actress (if she isn't already) and would've been a great MJ. Will she work as Gwen? Probably. Will they kill her off? Sad to so it, but I hope so - I think that storyline is almost as important to Spider-man and Ben Parker's death (and one of the complaints I had about Raimi's movies).

Apparently there's an interview with Emma Stone where she said she hopes they do kill Gwen.

Garfield doesn't really look like how I picture Peter either, but at least he's got the right build. A broad, ripped Spidey just doesn't fly with me.

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm concerned about the webswinging. In two clips I've seen, he's crouching on something that's on the ground (mailbox, car), fires the web up at something, and then the web PULLS HIM UP. Whaa?!?!? Doesn't work that way, unless he attached himself to a helicopter.

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm concerned about the webswinging. In two clips I've seen, he's crouching on something that's on the ground (mailbox, car), fires the web up at something, and then the web PULLS HIM UP. Whaa?!?!? Doesn't work that way, unless he attached himself to a helicopter.

I had wondered the same thing at a couple of points in the film. It's NOT explained in the film, so this isn't a spoiler...but I'm gonna go with the web shooters being able to retract the webline. The prop we've seen has several little cogs in it. Maybe the central piece can rotate to wind in back in, or feed it out if necessary? The palm pressure pads require 2 fingers to fire. Maybe the left pad then winds it up and the right one feeds it out? Just a thought.

There is been quite the good buzz on the movie from the UK premiere. Glad the movie exceeded your expectations NuRF.

I have to wait another 10 days before it releases here on June 29, most of Asia is getting it a week earlier as well. And Japan got the world premiere last week on June 13.

http://www.therpf.com/f47/amazing-spider-man-reboot-movie-discussion-102277/
Those waiting until July 3, can also discuss the movie in the pre-release thread linked above.

America!!!!!! F...........Oh wait........crap. :cry

But glad to see that it is being very well received. I for one cannot wait to see it. Very excited.

IMG_0942.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back