Do you guys have any props you want to feature on TV?

yourpropsonTV

Do any of you live in Southern California and have an amazing, iconic prop?

Our production company is looking for iconic, screen used, authentic props to feature on our new TV show.

We are looking for big ticket items and things that are recognizable and iconic.

Examples: The Hunger Games pin, Bella's wedding dress from Breaking Dawn, Superman costume, Light Saber from Star Wars, Harry Potter's wand, the ring from Lord of the Rings.

Do you have anything of this caliber that you would like to have featured on our show? Send me an email @ beverlyhillsicons@gmail.com with your name, the item you have a phone number where we can reach you at!!

We would love to have you on our show!! :love

A casting ad I located about the show discuses the premise:

NOW CASTING FOR NEW REALITY SERIES ?BEVERLY HILLS PAWN? : RealityWanted.com: Reality TV, Game Show, Talk Show, News - All Things Unscripted Social Network Casting Community

Casting Call Information
City: Los Angeles Area
State: CA

NOW CASTING IN LOS ANGELES FOR: NEW REALITY SERIES “BEVERLY HILLS PAWN”

Looking to trade in your rare or unique item for cash?

An Emmy award-winning production company is currently seeking DYNAMIC PERSONALITIES with UNIQUE ITEMS to be featured in our new series Beverly Hills Pawn. • Do you have a one of a kind item that you no longer need? • Have you been looking for a way to make some fast cash? • Does your item have an interesting story behind it? • Are you a huge, made for TV personality?

Wonderful!

Now we are looking for items to feature on our show.
This is a chance for you to come on our show and feature your item!!

Last edited:
As a film used prop and wardrobe collector for over 10 years I would guess most of the items you are asking for are with film-makers. THE LOTR rings are for sure. And if any of these items were in public hands I doubt anyone who owns any of them would bring them on your show, they would go to Hollywood Treasures first if anywhere. Plus not to be rude but your want list proves your knowledge of the prop collecting world. you might find a wand from the Harry Potter series, and wands even used by Harry are around just like some lightsabers from the Star Wars films, but a Harry used wand or a lightsaber from an OT SW film with any provenance will not happen. Also with Hunger Games and Twilight being pop culture hits before the films were even made the two most iconic things from those I seriously doubt ended up in public hands, there is very little out there from either of these films to begin with. Also the Superman movie costumes are highly faked a quick google search will show you some articles.

With Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn , Cajun Pawn and Combat Pawn already on TV you'll have plenty of TV time competition. I do wish you luck on your new show.

Saw a casting call for this or something similar on Los Angeles Craig's List yesterday.

Pandorum said it all! You will not find a ring from LOTR at all...ever. Weta, the director, and ring bearing actors have the authentic ones. Joe M. just had a pin from Hunger Games and I doubt there are too many of them out there that are screen-used. Maybe production made but not screen-used. A CR Superman costume will not be rearing it's head any time soon. Bella's wedding dress was kept by production as BD part 2 isn't even out yet. The screen-used lightsaber and HP wands are out there but authentic ones will not be coming out of collectors hands cheap if at all.

Last thing. I am both a professional filmmaker and a big collector so just trying to help out a bit here and it may sting a bit-collectors in general and the word PAWN in your title do not equal confidence. I don't sell my stuff but if I did it would be with an established auctioneer like Profiles (say what you want but they will bring you the most money returned on your investment) and not a Pawn show that just feels like a set up. The fact all your casting call adverts say you want to have the person sell their items and then coming in here to ask, then telling us here we don't have to sell them seems like the BS you see on other reality collectors shows right now and make us weary and talk amongst ourselves....shows such as Collection Intervention. They ambush you. How many times do think that will happen before you run out of people willing to bring on iconic items? Food for thought.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I have a screen used dress by Marilyn Monroe that I can't seem to sell...maybe a PAWN shop would buy it... :rolleyes

4.jpg

Love how the show name is "Beverly Hills Pawn" but the email is "Beverly Hills Icons". :lol

Don't think you're going to find many here willing to do the pawn thing, it's a total rip off.

Yeah......sure........

I will send in my collectables that I have spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on so I can get pennies on the dollar returns at the pawn shop!

Where do I sign up!?!?!?!

Get lost troll........

The so-called "reality" shows are so scripted that any real business done on them is minimal. I have friends who have appeared on Pawn Stars, and they say everything is rigged and the people on camera with the items may or may not even be the ones who brought the items. A lot of the stuff they don't buy is just show filler; like when they go out to look at a car and decide it's too expensive, etc.

I personally would steer clear of any show with their "casting call" on Craig's List. That is very suspicious and soooo down-market. Anything I have that is major would be offered to Joe at Profiles because of their track record of selling items for good money. I know his show is just as structured as the others, but the actual auctions is where the rubber hits the road.

What drives me nuts is when on these shows they bring an expert in who says the item is worth $5,000 at auction and then the pawn dealer offers him $500.

Who in their right mind would sell? Find an auction house and have them sell it! You JUST had it appraised!

(Again, scripted I know but still...)

Also keep in mind guys, this show will prolly go the same route as Pawn Stars and Hollywood History. Where the deal goes down on tv but not in real life. Im pretty sure that was told to someone on another board who talked to them on the phone.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back