RPF First Annual Halloween Contest - Female - VOTE NOW!

Vote for your favorite female costume!

• 01 - Elizabethan Dress

Votes: 64 13.6%
  • 02 - Rosie the Riveter

Votes: 34 7.2%
  • 03 - Legacy Era Sith

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 04 - Alice/Um from Alice in Wonderland

Votes: 57 12.2%
  • 05 - Silk Spectre II from Watchmen

Votes: 297 63.3%
  • 06 - Blackfoot Indian

Votes: 13 2.8%

• Total voters

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Below are our entries for the male category of our first Halloween Contest!

Vote now for your favorite! Voting ends Nov 11.

First place winner will receive $100 Gift Card to Amazon.com
Honorable mention #1 will receive an RPF Challenge Coin
Honorable mention #2 will receive an RPF Challenge Coin

01 - Elizabethan Dress
View attachment 38024

02 - Rosie the Riveter
View attachment 38025

03 - Legacy Era Sith
View attachment 38026

04 - Alice/Um from Alice in Wonderland
View attachment 38027

05 - Silk Spectre II from Watchmen
View attachment 38028

06 - Blackfoot Indian
View attachment 38029

While I have no doubt that ***** will win first place my vote goes to Elizabethan Dress. I'm a total history nerd and that's a very classy dress.

Nice work everyone!

Last edited:
Cross posted but I think it's important-

Even though you can see the results after you vote, please don't say things like "It looks like so-and-so is going to win!" because it may alter the choices of those who haven't voted yet.

While I have no doubt that Silk Spectre II will win first place my vote goes to Elizabethan Dress. I'm a total history nerd and that's a very classy dress.

Nice work everyone!
Point and point. That dress...I do not know from accuracy for the period, but wow, that thing is VERY well done.

i think the silk spectre is an unfair entry. its the "sexy" one.... all the members that dont think with their brains will vote for that one. its just like was said, its the same thing as the nearly drunk girl who always gets the votes. that costume isnt even in the same ballpark as all the rest. i call shennanigans.

Even though you can see the results after you vote, please don't say things like "It looks like so-and-so is going to win!" because it may alter the choices of those who haven't voted yet.

Point taken, I've corrected my post. That said, when I was one of the first to vote so I didn't see nothin'. :)

i think the silk spectre is an unfair entry. its the "sexy" one.... all the members that dont think with their brains will vote for that one. its just like was said, its the same thing as the nearly drunk girl who always gets the votes. that costume isnt even in the same ballpark as all the rest. i call shennanigans.

I don't think that's fair. It is a great costume and if it's home made it clearly took a lot of work to pull off. They are all great costumes and very creative.

Last edited:
That is not fair at all. It looks like she put just as much effort into accuracy as the Elizabethan outfit. My vote did not go to SS, but I can recognize that the work in that outfit is a hell of a lot more than mere T&A.

You have to look objectively, man. I voted how I voted because I liked seeing something different, but it does not make my choice easier. Those are two of the best costumes...period.

I agree with others in saying that your assessment itself is a bit unfair.

Is the design Silk Spectre costume inherently more sexy than some of the other entries? Yes. No one would argue that.

However, you couldn't ask for a more straightforward photo of the costume that isn't making any attempts to play up the sex appeal as is ALWAYS the case in your "drunk girl" scenario.

I didn't vote for the SS costume either but I think it is absolutely stunning and an incredibly accurate replica of the original costume, not a cheap attempt to garner votes via sex appeal.

One other thing I will note that also makes a lot of difference in many of these photos is the quality of the photo itself. Not to poo-poo on the other photos, but the Silk Spectre photo has no distracting background and has flattering lighting which helps present the costume in the absolute best possible way. If you look in the men's category you will see the same thing happening. Lighting, pose and quality of photo can drastically change your perception of a costume. I'd be willing to bet that in many cases, at the end of the contest there will be SOME (not defining, but some) correlation between quality of photo and most votes.

That's pretty rude and in fact totally glosses over one of the most impressive things about the costume, and that's the material. Working with latex is a pretty unique medium, something of an art form in and of itself and the finished product, hand made, looks spot on the movie costume to me. Beyond the "hotness" factor, it's a great reproduction.

That's pretty rude and in fact totally glosses over one of the most impressive things about the costume, and that's the material. Working with latex is a pretty unique medium, something of an art form in and of itself and the finished product, hand made, looks spot on the movie costume to me. Beyond the "hotness" factor, it's a great reproduction.

+11ty!

Another thing about the Silk Spectre costume is that the member wearing it totally pulls off the look. Even her face and hair(wig or not) is right for the character.

REALLY? Rosie the Riveter, A shirt, head band with devilish smirk ...
STFU
:thumbsdown

SS get my vote.. you jerk!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back