ROTJ Stormtrooper Armour

JoeR

Sr Member
Finally it is here!

Cast from Original ROTJ Stormtrooper Armour

We have searched high and low and have found what I believe is the most accurate ABS ever to be offered. Having owned two original ROTJ Stormtrooper Helmets, I can state confidently that this is the closest match I have ever seen. It is 1.5mm non-acrylic capped ABS, glossy but with a nice biscuit hint and very different from the standard satin finish ABS available in the UK.

The helmet is vac formed from molds taken from the inside of an original helmet, the armour is from the Cameron Oakley molds.

FullSuit.jpg

FullSuit17.jpg

FullSuit16.jpg

HelmetKit.jpg

HelmetCloseUp4.jpg

JoeR

Very cool! If I am not mistaken, while most people credit Matt G for bringing trooper armor to the masses, didn't the suit that his molds came from originate from Cameron.. or am I misremembering?

That is right Art, Cameron Oakley acquired the original suit (incomplete) from Steve J originally.

We have the master molds that were taken from the outside. The original armour was then sold to Matt who took molds from the inside.

Our helmet is cast from the inside of an original that I owned.

Very cool Joe and Mark. It seems you guys have been at this forever, but the end result looks fantastic.:thumbsup

I would LOVE to have this armor, but I'm a biggger guy. Can I assume that this would be a very tight fit for someone tha is 6' tall and 200lbs, much like TE or AP? This looks GORGEOUS, is there anyway it would fit??

I would LOVE to have this armor, but I'm a biggger guy. Can I assume that this would be a very tight fit for someone tha is 6' tall and 200lbs, much like TE or AP? This looks GORGEOUS, is there anyway it would fit??

Screen accurate.

You are bigger than the actors from the movies so...

Can you MAKE it fit? I'm sure. It would be no different in size than TE, AP or GF armor.

Would FX armor fit your body type better? Probably. Would it be cheaper and require less alterations WITHOUT A DOUBT.

Back on topic, The armor looks perfect Joe! :cool

It doesn't get more accurate than this.

(clears throat).... ummm, I might have to respectfully disagree with that statement :

cc63c320-1.jpg

:lol.... sorry, couldn't resist. I imagine your excellent replica suit will cost considerably less than my original? :unsure

BTW excellent work guys.... looking really nice, and refreshing to see a lil' love for the ROTJ Stormtrooper (often considered the 'poor cousin' of the trooper family but my personal childhood favourite :love)

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back