Proton Pack Pattern Plans

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
So I'm gonna jump in and build myself a "budget" proton pack for fun and I'm wondering if there are plans that can be printed to scale - like a sewing pattern - that could be used to construct a Proton Pack. You know something that can just be printed out and layed out over some wood or foam to minimize any mistakes from someone as terribly dyslexic as myself.

I've already looked over Stefans plans and all that btw.

Cheers

Moony

I have looked at those - I'm just looking for something I can print out at the right size and literally trace onto blocks of foam. Does that make sense ?

Or hell - a Pep if anyone has one !

* I just realized i posted this in the costume section instead of props... great.

At that same link, you will find Stefan's plans, which are strictly measurements. You just have to find a way to split the images and print them out full size.

stefan's plans aren't 1:1 scale like you're probably looking for. You're gonna need to measure, or find someone to help you.

I think I might have the pep for this but I'd have to look through my HD's for it if you really need I'll check tonight when I'm off work.

heres 1:1 scale plans, it took a few printings to get it right, but this sounds like what you're looking for.
1:1 Scale Pack Plans (WIP) - Community - Ghostbusters Fans Forum

btw, if you were going to make a pack, and decided half way into the 1:1 scale idea not to go that route, norm's plans are the absolute best way to go, as they are already budget plans. garreeeeeeeee's are horrible and require constant repairs after each use. norms plans were my only plans with several notations on them for years, through out 7 pack builds.

garreeeeeeeee's are horrible and require constant repairs after each use. norms plans were my only plans with several notations on them for years, through out 7 pack builds.

Gareeeeeeee's plans also have uneven weight distribution, putting a large amount of weight on the left side that is spread out to the left side of the ALICE kidney pad. This causes kidney stones.

Moonie! If you need another GB team member for here in SoCal just let me know! I'm your man! Been wanting to build a pack for alooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now!

Moonie! If you need another GB team member for here in SoCal just let me know! I'm your man! Been wanting to build a pack for alooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now!

Hey this could be awesome ! I'm actaully drawing up plans now based on this thread on GB fans:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14044

I actually traced the plans to scale off my monitor - just so I don't have to go to staples - kinda sad really.

And I'm probably gonna go with this method for my first build since I'm pretty broke and don't want to rush into making a pack with expensive parts.... yet.

Here's the foam build thread: 3/4 Scale Proton Pack Scratch Build (Pic Intensive) - Community - Ghostbusters Fans Forum

And where the hell can I get this foam:

From KCGhostbuster on GBFans
4146_3675424129.jpg

Or check dumpsters at constructions sites. I'm not sure it's legal, but I think if it is in the trash it is public domain. I have never bought any of it. I always go hunting for it!

Or you could always try foamcore which is much easier than the pink foam. Here is my budget pack made out of foam core(mostly) next to a kid pack I made.

DSCF0070.jpg

By foamcore do you mean that thick ass poster board ? Does it come in different thicknesses - I'm wanting to layer mine upinstead of having anything hollow. Did you cover it in anything to smooth it out or jsut spray it as is ?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back