Ladman's Space Marine

ladman

Hello all,

I know i have several build threads on here gong on at once. I have a bad habit of finding cool costumes to make, start them, then find something even more awesome and start on that. So needles to say i have quite a few started but not finished builds. I was looking around the threads the other day and found a sweet as looking build some one did on a Space Marine. Myself being a Marine, i was very curious. I then bought the game and started to play. I feel in love with it immediately. As i did more research, i found out that there is a table top version of this game as well, with what seems to be endless chapters of all types of Space Marines. I found a few that i really liked and decided to try and make a hybrid Space Marine that will incorporate a few different ones all in one. Not sure how it is gong to come out, or who will get a little mad at the fact that i am new to the game, and i'm trying to make up my own Space Marine with not a lot of knowledge of it.

Here are the types of Space Marines that i liked and would like to incorporate into one build.

Deathwatch + Blood Angels + khorne Berzerkers = SICK!

Also going to incorporate the Destroyer pack and Heavy Bolter. i know that the Berzerkers are CQB fighters and they dont like range attacks, but what the hell.

From playing the game on the 360, the colors im tossing around are

Blood Disciples
Red Corsairs
Black Legion
Chosen of Nemoroth

Here are a few images of what im looking at for reference

. World_Eater_-_Sabbat_Worlds.jpgKhornate_Chainaxe.jpgmetracity+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+144+at+_7b76f27c04f73bde1576b81afbf22004.jpgRunning_Berzerker2_500.jpgCapture.PNGDW.PNGspace_marine_helmet_by_asmgee-d42gbxa.jpgspace_marine_helmet_v_02_by_asmgee-d42gd2q.jpg

I would like to have a nice prototype done by November for the Rhode Island Comicon and then have all winter to work on the final build for PAX East next year. After i get the scaling right, the first thing im going to have to do is to make me some stilts to wear in the suit. I'm going to make it a 7' tall Space Marine. i did the math in Pepakura and im using JFCustoms foam unfolded files. i put all the pieces into one pep file to get the scale right. After i increased the scale by 20%, it gave me a total height of about 7' 3". Im only 74" (6' 2") so im going to need some stilts that bump me up just over a foot. I saw a really sweet design from another builder on here who made them out of PVC pipe and wood. They came out really nice. I will post a link to his page when i get a moment to go and find it again. Im still finishing up school and starting another one the week after, so im going to be working on this as often as i can.

Stay tuned for updates and thanks for watching

Here is a little progress i got done tonight. This thing is going to be HUGE!

There is a tape dispenser in one of the pictures to show the scale.

IMG_20130914_234452_272.jpgIMG_20130914_234523_439.jpg

Are you shooting for a 7' tall marine or just sized to you?

Either are great!

Shooting for 7 foot. after i scaled the suit, it comes to 7' 3" total.

i was looking for a Chaos Marine chain sword but could not find one, so i modeled one up quick in 3ds max. it has the very bare neediness. i will make the handle out of wood and i will most likely 3d print the teeth or just use some left over foam pieces. Since my SM is gong to be over 7 foot tall, i made the sword 6' tall. from a comparison photo the chain sword looks to be about that height.

Here is the pep file. I unfolded is for a foam build. Its the first time i have ever tried to unfold a pep file. It probibly could have been done better, but it will work .

http://www.4shared.com/file/N2u07cZ0/ChaosChainSword.html

Foam Unfold.PNG

Here is the reference image i used to make the sword.

ChainSword.PNG

I left the model very "blank canvas" looking so i could make the detail pieces separate and then add them on.

The next file i will have to edit is one that i found for the Heavy Bolter. The pack for the SM is not a Chaos one. I have to remove the globes on the ends and change how they are mounted. It needs to be like the picture below.

What i need to do to the stock SM pack

Before.jpg

What it will look like when after modifications

After.PNG

Attachments

• chaos_spaceMarine_backpack_4_large.jpg
    chaos_spaceMarine_backpack_4_large.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Space_Marine_Backpack_Conversion_3.jpg
    Space_Marine_Backpack_Conversion_3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 205
  • ChaosPack.PNG
    ChaosPack.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hey there, I'm also building a space marine, ya might have seen it.(http://www.therpf.com/f24/space-marine-build-full-size-188133/)
If you check out Pileruds Blood Angel SM you will find a download link that will assist you greatly, It has all the files you need, set to 935 scale, (7 1/2 ft) lots of pics and info on how to build, I'm following it pretty closely.

I saw that thread. I got a lot of good resources from it to use and ideas. The only thing is that all of this templates were in PDF format. He only had a few in PDO form.

The main thread i have been following is http://www.therpf.com/f24/sylgians-40k-space-marine-wip-179602/
He has got an amazing build going on. I might have to wait until next year to finish most of my build. Im going to get a 3d printer to help with a lot of the parts.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back