GB1 Style Ghostbuster Uniform

Warrenzo

Well i thought it was time to get this thread started now that i have most of the main parts for the uniform.

So for the uniform alone (Without the Proton Pack....I will have a seperate build thread for that) the following
items are required:

• Nomex CWU 27/P Flight Suit - "Desert Tan" (Or a close alternative)
  • Black T-shirt
  • No Ghost & Name patches
  • Elbow Pads
  • Very light gray colour dyed Pistol Belt
  • Black Leather Paratrooper Boots (Preferably German Paratrooper Boots)
  • Black Chemical Gloves
  • Motorola MT500 Walkie Talkie & Holster
  • Leg Hose
  • Leg Hose Connector
  • Key Fobs
  • Belt Gizmo & Holster
  • A PKE Meter, Ghost Trap and Ecto Goggles can also be added, but i am going for a minimum amount of add on's at the moment.

So here's a few pics of the parts i have so far:

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

And here's a quick test fit of wut i have so far

DSCF0040.jpg

PISTOL BELT

For the Pistol Belt i decided to go with the Rit Pearl Grey Dye i was recommended to use. The belt should have a sort of dirty, light grey colour to it, so i bought a plain white Pistol Belt from Soldier of Fortune and the dye packet from Ebay. I filled a bucket with the correct amount of hot water, mixed in the dye and then dunked the belt in and out of the dye about 4 or 5 times until the desired colour was achieved. Afterwards i had to rinse the belt under warm water, gradually reducing the heat of the water until it ran clear.

Here are the before and after pics below:

BEFORE

DSCF0020.jpg

AFTER

DSCF0032.jpg

ELBOW PADS

For the elbow pads i bought a white pair of Century Padded MMA Knee Pads from Osaka Fight Gear.
Unfortunately they came with a logo on them so i had to remove that 1st. The easiest way of doing this i found was to just take a stanley knife to it, but i had to go easy or i'd end up with a noticeable dip in the bubble.

DSCF004203.jpg

I then cut the excess elastic away until they looked like how they did in the movie. Once that was done, it was time to spray them with normal gray primer paint (Screen accurate way of doing it i found).

DSCF4778.jpg
DSCF4779.jpg

Once the paint was done, i applied the weathering by holding a candle to a piece of metal until it was blackened. I then rubbed the metal over the elbow pads until the desired look was achieved.

DSCF4794.jpg
DSCF4795.jpg

Next up was to sew on the two black patches on the inside.

DSCF0038.jpg

MOTOROLA MT500 WALKIE TALKIE

Well my replacement stubby antenna finally arrived today and i like it alot!!

DSCF0060.jpg

Here's how the Walkie looks on the inside now after i ripped the guts out of it...it's a heck of alot lighter now!!

DSCF0061.jpg

And here's how the walkie looks with the new antenna

DSCF0064.jpg

BELT GIZMO

For such a small and uncomplicated looking thing, this deffinately wasn't the case. Anyway lets get to heart of this update. To begin with i bought a Nick-A-Tron Resin kit from Nick on the GBFans forum.

Gizmonew.jpg

I super glued the Nixie Holder to the bracket and sprayed it black

DSCF4765.jpg

I then prepared the Nixie's with Heat Shrink Sleeving (Both of which can be purchased from ebay)

DSCF4766.jpg

Drilling holes for all the components on both the Gizmo and the Daughterboard was up next after locating where i wanted all the bits to go.

DSCF4774.jpg

Once that was done i began to superglue the Nixie's into the Nixie holder.

DSCF4776.jpg

Here is the Nixie's all glued in ready to go.

DSCF4806.jpg

After i had the Nixie's glued and drying it was time to spray both boards with primer and then some brown coloured paint.

DSCF4805.jpg

DSCF4808.jpg

DSCF4790.jpg

While the boards were drying i made the connector to go onto the end of the wire that connects both boards. I basically used an old plastic chopping board, cut it to size, drilled a hole in the bottom for the wire, superglued it to the wire, and sprayed it black.

DSCF4816.jpg

I also made the bridge from the same plastic and superglued wires into it.

DSCF4820.jpg

Then i painted up all the details on the Gizmo, glued the Nixies into place and then bent them down and glued the holder into place.

DSCF4819.jpg

Next i glued a money clip to the Daughterboard to keep it attached to my belt. I also glued a snappy button to the back of the Gizmo to attach it to the Gizmo Holster which then hangs from the belt. After all that was done i printed out the stickers on labels and stuck them on. Another peiece of the uniform is complete.

DSCF4810.jpg

DSCF4861.jpg

DSCF4862.jpg

DSCF4863.jpg

LEG HOSE

So i managed to get a little further with this today after a quick troop. I managed to get my hands on some great looking leather and snappy buttons from a guy over on the UKGB's forum...he makes his own and sells screen accurate keyfobs, Belt Gizmo holsters and PKE Meter holsters. I'm not sure where the hose came from as i got it from a fellow Garrison member, but i managed to get it all put together today and here's the results.

DSCF5375.jpg

KEY FOBS

I also managed to complete these today aswell. Leather and snaps from the guy over on the UKGB's forum, Lobster clips from fellow Garrison member, D-Rings from e-bay and the O-Ring i had lying around.

DSCF5378.jpg

Looks good... I did an event recently and put a little water in the pee tube. It made for a great laugh from some and a disturbed look from others! :lol

Cheers folks, just waiting on my Radio Holstor and the hose connector and the uniform will be complete, then it's onto the Proton Pack

MT500 WALKIE TALKER HOLSTER

After waiting what seemes like a very long time, my Radio Holster finally arrived today. I purchased it from momeraths24over on the GBFans forum.

DSCF5547.jpg

DSCF5548.jpg

DSCF5549.jpg

Nomex CWU 27/P Flight Suit - "Desert Tan"

So last on the list for the uniform is the Flight Suit.

Basically i sourced this bad boy on Ebay and had to import it from America as these are USAF issue only. The measurements are a complete pain in the arse, but after finally figuring them out i went for a 38L.

When i got it in the post it looked like this

DSCF0042.jpg

But to get it completely up to scratch, i had to remove the brown velcro and replace it with black velcro, to which i then attached the name badge.

DSCF5592.jpg

I also had to sew the No Ghost logo to my right arm sleeve.

For complete screen accuracy the zips have to be brass, but when it arrived they were painted black. So i sanded the paint off and exposed the brass zipper teeth underneath. This couldn't be done with the actual zippers themself as they are silver underneath. So i bought a gold paint pen and coloured them in.

Before:
DSCF5590.jpg

After:
DSCF5591.jpg

I thought this looked a little bit like the scene from Hellraiser so i had to photograph it lol!!
DSCF5594.jpg

To complete the costume, i had to sew the led hose connector onto the left thigh.
DSCF5595.jpg

So that's the end of my uniform build folks, here is a few pics ofmy completed uniform

DSCF5817.jpg

DSCF5819.jpg

DSCF5820.jpg

DSCF5818.jpg

DSCF5821.jpg

Thanks for following this build thread and i hope it helps all you wannabe Busters out.

Cheers familyman

I'd say unles ur an electrician it could probably take quite a while, but i decided against it as i don't really need it, nor do i want to be carrying around extra wires and batteries with me all day.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back