Darth Malgus Costume Finished Pics-Page 8 Vid-Page 9

Darth Serberus

So now that my Cyborg Maul is well underway I was feeling a little flat not having a big build to tuck into.
I have been toying with the idea of doing Darth Malgus from The Old Republic ( I know, I know...ANOTHER Sith Lord!!) for a while but was always a bit put off by the scale of the build. This will be a pretty much 'from scratch' build as there is no one producing parts(yet) for this character.
1447956-darth_malgus_super-e1328892843477.jpg

2458959-2159515-darth_malgus_armor.jpg

I'm planning on having it ready for CEII if I don't get too many distractions, fingers crossed!!
slither.jpg

Got hold of these sclera lenses from 9mm effects, they're not cheap but worth every penny!!
I have some of their other sclera lenses and they are beautifully made and super comfy.
90a9ffd82e1e5786916ee6341a02783b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Darth Malgus Costume WIP

Those lenses are beautiful, I still need the Maul ones to complete my Maul cause my cheapos are about dead

OK want to follow this! Looks like you have a long road ahead of you...Hes a pretty big dude...are you large enough to fill his shoes?

You will be a perfect Malgus, I think. I have thought about that cotume too, but I can't say "bye" to my long curve hairs)))
I'd like to subscribe, actually.

Haha there might be a good way around having to not cut all your hair off.
I'm actually still undecided about whether to make a silicone/foam mask or just go baldy again and do a paint job. I'm leaning towards the silicone/foam job, firstly to save the shave but mainly coz I enjoy playing with masks.
The Emerald Garrisons resident Emperor and good friend of mine was kind enough to donate this gorgeous figure to the cause which has inspired and helped me no end.
0641f06cd6929d373ec78cf62f8cdccb.jpg

As most will know getting good reference together is one of the hardest parts of a build. So having this statue to work from has helped big time!!
It also helped me fork out €500 worth of varying thicknesses of EVA foam and Plastidip. Nice thing is I can use it for my Cyborg Maul build too!

:lol:lol That'll work :lol:lol
INDEED...I think so indeed. I actually play SWTOR a good bit, and have a character who is a look alike of malgus. There a a TON of holocalls with him you can see all sorts of videos of his cutscenes from False Emperor flashpoint where you fight him Im sure.

Next the boots, I found some perfect square toed motorcycle boots that even have the side zipper and are ankle length, just like Malgus'. These should make a great base to add the armoured parts too.
de399e1a2ac6e583fb01aaf5161fc6d7.jpg

These have got to be the cheapest costume part I have ever bought!! Just 99 cents plus the shipping, and they are perfect!!
e75331b22687405af37217e19e944032.jpg

A bit of paint and some additional armour parts to hide the carbon fibre and logo and they should be good to go. I will probably extend the cuff a little so it sits under the vambrace armour better.
The saber can now be ticked off the list.
Though I must say I was a little concerned when I saw the creased bend in the box!!!!
af20febeb9c74d621334098718a50b78.jpg

But, thank the maker it was all ok inside.
efca2cec0f5a912761cf1ee46e269af9.jpg

I'm so impressed with 'Ultrasabers'. I can highly recommend them. Their service was excellent and was shipped in no time. You can check out their website here-
Ultrasabers
The saber itself is very well made and looks the business. It's a beast of a saber with the blade shaped glaves. These also make it the most balanced saber to swing about that I have ever owned.

I thought this was going to be one of those builds where everything would need to be scratch built. But the more I'm researching the more I'm finding some really good alternatives.
I couldn't make this saber for the same money I paid for this one. The only tweak I've added is to do a bit of airbrushed weathering and upgrade the blade to a duelling one.
(Sorry about the bad pic!)
4c70b4068c9ebbf218b631a8c5986a4f.jpg

For the mask I'm toying with the idea of getting one of these CFX silicone masks and adapting it!

The ears would need trimming, veins and brow would need adding plus a serious paint job. The breather mask would hide the rest of the neck and mouth, so it could just work?
b9143c4157f2989000daadc2eb378b5d.jpg

I can vouch for Darth Serberes's work as one of the best out there. Follow this build to be amazed. I can promise you!!

I think it would be more convincing if you shaved your hair the rest of the way and applied makeup, personally.....provided thats you in the pic above with the sclera lenses in.

I think it would be more convincing if you shaved your hair the rest of the way and applied makeup, personally.....provided thats you in the pic above with the sclera lenses in.

Yes that's me in the lenses.
I must say it was very tempting to go down that route, but the mask will save a ton of suiting up time. I'd really like to bring this one to CEII so it needs to be able to travel too.

I think the mask may be a bit overkill, he isnt that decrepid looking. I think the statue over exaggerates that bit. Look at more pics of him, and videos from Bioware. Hes not sideous. But off to a good start Id say that saber is awesome looking...wouldnt mind having one myself...hmmm.

I don't know, from these pics I'm working from the mask should be pretty dead on.
Especially as you don't see the neck or mouth. It's mainly the gnarly wrinkling around the eyes. Plus getting the old mans ear lobes trimmed will help too.
252db81ccce27f97303025f477d03adf.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/plaigeous/Darth%20Malgus/827aff31a9b
965244935987b80647f3d.jpg
Yeah the saber is a beauty!!

One thing with CFX, you can have your mask custom made and painted, they can make your mask pretty exact, if you're willing to do it.

One thing with CFX, you can have your mask custom made and painted, they can make your mask pretty exact, if you're willing to do it.

CFX service is incredible. You can basically get customisation on pretty much any mask.
I will be making use if this service for sure!!

CFX service is incredible. You can basically get customisation on pretty much any mask.
I will be making use if this service for sure!!

I agree, LOVE cfx. Been needing to get an old guy mask for years now. Anywho, I'm following this thread with high interest :thumbsup

Progress so far looks good. I really like that mask, and if you get the veins right and fix the ears it would be perfect.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back