And Another Ironman MKIV (battle Suitish) PIC Heavy

eldonnaty

first time build i started this build back in August been working on and off finished just intime for Halloween but never got a chance to wear it or use it just been sitting in the corner of my office

started of as foam then added some fiber resin and Bondo work

well here it is let me konw What you thing ill post some picture of the buid progress when i get a chance

Last edited:
Woah, this looks great! So you used fibreglass over EVA? Everyone's been telling me that doesn't work, glad to see that it does. Solves a lot of problems.

Love the weathering youve done, very effective! Presuming that you used an airbrush?

FG and bondo over foam can be done, the arguement some use is that if youre going to do resin and bondo you may as well do pep as the detail is better. Nothing wrong with doing it with foam though as can be seen here!

thanks, but i did not use an airbrush wanted to but never got around it, i used krylon spry paint on most of it i did the weathering using walmarts cheap $1 paints Black flat

thanks

i actually used Velcro to hold it together the clips are taped with double side tape just to to keep it from tilting forward when i strap it to my trailer when i move it to events

(( and yes the clips are removable ))

Woah, this looks great! So you used fibreglass over EVA? Everyone's been telling me that doesn't work, glad to see that it does. Solves a lot of problems.

sure, it works depending how you look at it.
look closely at the entire suit, the resin and what not has taken away a lot of the sharp details.

if you don't see that as a problem, then go ahead and use it. :thumbsup

So, you can fiberglass foam, you just lose detail? I'm curious. Looking for best look for my IM suit I'm building and if it can be done, it's worth a shot.

Stealth, have you got any good results from fiberglassing foam? I've been following your tutorials. Curious of your thoughts, other than the loss of detail. I would think you could sand and carve it? You are who i am mirroring my build after.

sure, it works depending how you look at it.
look closely at the entire suit, the resin and what not has taken away a lot of the sharp details.

if you don't see that as a problem, then go ahead and use it. :thumbsup

First of all man, that is definitely the best iron man suit i have seen so far, seriously. Secondly i've been considering making my own suit but can't decide between foam and fiber resin. But no matter what i want the detail of stuff like the 3 lines on the abs part of the suit. My question is what parts of your suit did you use fibre resin and what parts did you use foam? Thanks

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back