Angelica Teach:The woman, the myth, the COSTUME thread

Arrr you sure your wife would agree to such an extreme "replication" so t' speak??:lol

Anyways, I was watching TV, and a MARSHALLS "shopportunity" commercial came on (anybody know what I'm talking about?) :rolleyes This time they showed a pair of boots very similar to Angelica's!
I got online and searched the site, and found the ones that were shown on TV.

app_full_proxy.php

There is a Marshalls nearby so I can take a peek. Hopefully they'll be available...and in black!
It was really kind of a funny coincidence. :)

A pic!! ...NOT HIRES tho!!! :cry

24kw5qa.jpg

link

link
It is interesting that the blouse is gathered under the bust. I will eventually look at modifying my blouse, it would most likely sit better over the corset.

I have been working on my coat, the plan is to have it finished for the Pirates Parade on Sunday. I have to say having a deadline has made me continue on whenever I hit a snag (and there were heaps of those:cry). It is finally taking shape and hopefully I will have my hat by then. I will post pictures if it all works out.

I think because of her status of being "prego" they may have had to vary the scenes. Notice that throughout Hawaii and possibly Universal Studio shoots she wore the corset but now she is in a free flowing shirt, no corset, and her shirt is no longer off the shoulder.

I hope they didn't change her look to match that fact that she is with child....!!!!!!!!!!!

I think because of her status of being "prego" they may have had to vary the scenes. Notice that throughout Hawaii and possibly Universal Studio shoots she wore the corset but now she is in a free flowing shirt, no corset, and her shirt is no longer off the shoulder.

I hope they didn't change her look to match that fact that she is with child....!!!!!!!!!!!

The scenes shot "before" she was "showing" while she was in her corset and wearing the hat, are scenes which I believe are PRIOR to the ones being shot (or were shot) in PR. I am speculating that the Hawaiian scenes in her full costume lead up to Jack being marooned on that godforsaken spit of land...ALONG with an unknowing Angelica, together. JUST MY OPINION but, what say you?

Don't fret CJS! ;)

Exactly....she is now two months MORE pregnant which means the corset has to come off and T&T have to vary the script and the Penny Rose has to mod her look to fit the parts.

Arrr you sure your wife would agree to such an extreme "replication" so t' speak??:lol

Anyways, I was watching TV, and a MARSHALLS "shopportunity" commercial came on (anybody know what I'm talking about?) :rolleyes This time they showed a pair of boots very similar to Angelica's!
I got online and searched the site, and found the ones that were shown on TV.

app_full_proxy.php

There is a Marshalls nearby so I can take a peek. Hopefully they'll be available...and in black!
It was really kind of a funny coincidence. :)

If you've not gone to Marshalls yet, check out the hats. At the one here the other day they had some black felt hats might do for Angelica's, some were Cynthia Rowley, some Jessica Simpson. I didn't get to give them a good look as I was being dragged along by those with other interest.

Shylaah

The corset may return with modifactions. It just has to look tight, it doesn't have to be and with the vest a lot can be hidden.

Ha Ha! Maternity corset! Kind of defeats the purpose unless it is used to help keep the girls up!

Oh boy! Shylaah! A woman with a gun! Duck and cover! Duck and cover!

Here is my costume so far. The hat I pick up to day, and you can see the brim is all wrong. The coat is as completed as it can be, until more pictures come out with regards to the detail on sleeves and pockets.

57914_160497537298697_100000153555069_568371_5802317_n.jpg

Looking through some old reference photos.....
The trim on Angelica's waist cincher........

AngekucaCuncherTrim.jpg

Looks a lot like the trim on Will Turner's wedding waistcoat in DMC.

WillTurnerWeddingCostume.jpg

Shylaah

Here is my costume so far. The hat I pick up to day, and you can see the brim is all wrong. The coat is as completed as it can be, until more pictures come out with regards to the detail on sleeves and pockets.

57914_160497537298697_100000153555069_568371_5802317_n.jpg

:thumbsup You look great! NICE job bpearl!!
I've been bad, and have neglected my duties here of gathering info and putting together this costume.
I've just about given up, especially since hearing that the fabric is not printed, but woven, similar to Jack's new vest. :unsure
I've continued to look online, and have even sent inquiries out w/o any luck. I tried to hand draw using some vector images but the images and total look just isn't right for an SA coat. Too much detail in the fabric to try to figure it out w/o a better res pic.
Unfortunately I am putting this waist coat on the back burner, and will have to proceed to the next pieces. I have asked Acme about the baldric buckles...But he's not making any yet. I never made it to Marshalls to check out the boots or hat. Kinda lost my motivation lately.

I'm going to order a cincher and start that for now.

:thumbsup You look great! NICE job bpearl!!
I've been bad, and have neglected my duties here of gathering info and putting together this costume.
I've just about given up, especially since hearing that the fabric is not printed, but woven, similar to Jack's new vest. :unsure
I've continued to look online, and have even sent inquiries out w/o any luck. I tried to hand draw using some vector images but the images and total look just isn't right for an SA coat. Too much detail in the fabric to try to figure it out w/o a better res pic.
Unfortunately I am putting this waist coat on the back burner, and will have to proceed to the next pieces. I have asked Acme about the baldric buckles...But he's not making any yet. I never made it to Marshalls to check out the boots or hat. Kinda lost my motivation lately.

I'm going to order a cincher and start that for now.

Thanks very much :)

I know that I have been trying to find suitable fabric for the vest too:cry

I have found a shirt on ebay that the fabric is close.
60353_162227243792393_100000153555069_580866_8339317_a.jpg

I believe the shirt can be convert to a vest.

62691_163828383632279_100000153555069_593424_6947619_s.jpg

Change of plan. I have not been able to find a pattern that has a simular paisley design. Maybe down the track, once the movie is released. For the moment I am going to use the material I found above. It is a much smaller pattern, however I do like it and as mentioned previous, I rather aim for quality and I don't mind adding my own style to the costume.

>>>clip<<<
I've been bad, and have neglected my duties here of gathering info and putting together this costume. >>>clip<<<

I've not done much work putting my costume together either......
....cause premier seems so far away...........

Here's the top and skirt......pic isn't too good, skirt is about the color of Jack's breeches....going to replace the buttons on the skirt at the bottom, but you can barely see it in the pic, with the Silvermith buttons like on Jack's vest in the first three movies. The buckle I got from Textile Gardens, the same place that has the Silversmith buttons and Jack's new vest buttons (more on the buttons in this post). It is a Silversmith buckle.....I just laid it on the skirt for a look see, but I actually plan on using it on my Angelica hat.

Angelica01.jpg

This is the jacket I found. It is navy blue and hard to see any details. It has this little flare thing going on in the front, kind of semi circle piece that makes kinda like a frock coat pleat, though not pleated, it hangs lower than the rest of the jacket hem.

Angelica2.jpg

The back has the same kind of lines as the back of Jack's frock coat, thought those are hard to see also, I've outlined the one on the left ....
If I don't make this into a vest and I'm really torn as whether I want to or not, I'll replace the buttons at the sleeve end with the small Jack breeches size Silversmith buttons.

Angelica3.jpg

The front just hooks at the center front waistline, but I'm thinking of straightening that center front and putting on buttons..........

Angelica4.jpg

Maybe buttons and trim............................

Angelica5.jpg

Too many decisions..........

Shylaah

I've not done much work putting my costume together either......
....cause premier seems so far away...........

Here's the top and skirt......pic isn't too good, skirt is about the color of Jack's breeches....going to replace the buttons on the skirt at the bottom, but you can barely see it in the pic, with the Silvermith buttons like on Jack's vest in the first three movies. The buckle I got from Textile Gardens, the same place that has the Silversmith buttons and Jack's new vest buttons (more on the buttons in this post). It is a Silversmith buckle.....I just laid it on the skirt for a look see, but I actually plan on using it on my Angelica hat.

Angelica01.jpg

This is the jacket I found. It is navy blue and hard to see any details. It has this little flare thing going on in the front, kind of semi circle piece that makes kinda like a frock coat pleat, though not pleated, it hangs lower than the rest of the jacket hem.

Angelica2.jpg

The back has the same kind of lines as the back of Jack's frock coat, thought those are hard to see also, I've outlined the one on the left ....
If I don't make this into a vest and I'm really torn as whether I want to or not, I'll replace the buttons at the sleeve end with the small Jack breeches size Silversmith buttons.

Angelica3.jpg

The front just hooks at the center front waistline, but I'm thinking of straightening that center front and putting on buttons..........

Angelica4.jpg

Maybe buttons and trim............................

Angelica5.jpg

Too many decisions..........

Shylaah
Would be interested in seeing how it all work out. So are you playing to wear it to the premier?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back