4 TMNT Costumes....

Jaygiovi

Hi everyone, Right, in February 2012 I decided I was sick of all the zombie
Halloween outfits, we sort of killed it 3 years in a row so I had a thought....
Hmmmmm I wonder if I could make a Predator costume...... 9 months later
and I completed it ready for Halloween. I went out with the local paper and
visited some shops in the city centre.

Here's a link for the finished Predator suit
Predator out and about in Newcastle - YouTube

Me as Pred and Davey 'Shakeitdavey' as Iron Man

Pred Made by me and Iron Man made by Davey

I had so much fun getting dirty making it I decide to try and make 4 TMNT costumes
(cos I couldn't just make one of them could I) Me, My fiancée Heidi, and
a pal Rob 'Rasta' Irving and My bro Ants 'Trinity strangle'

So with this We picked who we would be, I'm Mikey cos orange and
craziness and partying is what I do, Heidi is Donny all because of the
second film when Donny plays with the wobbly clown yeah YEAH.
Rob is Raph cos he's a moody git and my little bro is Leo the leader of the
thang cos he thinks he can lead

The shell Template
View attachment 149944

Front shell before latex
View attachment 149947

Rear shell before latex
View attachment 149948

Testing The Turtle shell Mk1 - YouTube

Front shell after latex
View attachment 149945

Fear shell latexing
View attachment 149946

Torso Test - YouTube

Did you hand draw the templates or is there a pattern out there somewhere? My Kid wants to be Raphael, since it is his middle name after all. I have until Labor Day weekend to make it. Since I also have home repairs on my fixer upper house my work is cut out for me. Already created templates would be lovely since I can barely draw a straight line with a straight edge.

Hands mk1, A Pair Of Non slip gloves with the fingers glued together then flexi filler in the joins and gaps between the fingers.
View attachment 150581

Hands mk1, latexing
View attachment 150582

Below is the hands from right to left... start to end......
Far right..... glove with foam on and fingers, fingers glued together to make a rough shape of a TMNT hand...
Right... flexi filler on the fingers to seal the gaps between the fingers and to cover the foam hole's 'leave it slightly rough for skin texture'
Left, funkyfoam for a finger nail hot glued on then latexed Turtle green
Far left, fully latexed with another colour on the finger nail, the bottom cut off and a piece leather look fabric glued on as a band..
View attachment 150583

Did you hand draw the templates or is there a pattern out there somewhere? My Kid wants to be Raphael, since it is his middle name after all. I have until Labor Day weekend to make it. Since I also have home repairs on my fixer upper house my work is cut out for me. Already created templates would be lovely since I can barely draw a straight line with a straight edge.

Just hand drew them to the size I wanted on the back of an empty crisp box from a shop 'or just an inch smaller than I needed them' then glued a few slits together to make it the shape i wanted, added some clips inside to fasten on the front and back together and boosh you'll learn how you'll go :)

Improve on it cos there Ain't no tutorial online on making a TMNT shell yet

Last edited:
Shells look great. The hands are coming along nicely... Great work. Can't wait to see how it all turns out! :eek:)

Hi Heidoakon, I looked into making them for other ppl, but the postage is really expensive because of the size of the shell, It's not so bad posting to somewhere in the UK but to post abroad is a complete con. I was going to make a shell for a someone in America but the postage would of been near on £80, and that reminds me I have to message them about it :p
I would recommend that you try your hand at making one yourself

What are the eyes made out of?

Hi, For the eye lids I took a piece of fabric, latexed it green, wait till you've done the eyes to you can see how big the eye hole should be.

For the eyes I took 2 pieces of 2mm thick funkyfoam/funfoam (white and brown) cut a round piece in the centre of the white bit of foam, cut the same size round piece of the brown, put the brown inside the white and glue the backside of it, color in the centre black with paint or pen and when it's ready I sprayed it with about 5 coats of clear lacquer, cut the eye lid to size and glued them together, then glue both inside the eye sockets and BOOSH you have the eyes.

thanks for the fast reply! to make one by myself? hhhh, i never worked with latex befor, is there a manual that can guide me in making a shell? (i gusse not :O ) .

thanks for the fast reply! to make one by myself? hhhh, i never worked with latex befor, is there a manual that can guide me in making a shell? (i gusse not :O ) .

Latex is quite easy to use, it just gets everywhere and don't come out of clothes or carpets or anything lol, You start by buying some liquid effects latex, ebay is the cheapest I've found, 5ltr for £30, mix it with the colour acrylic paint and brush on, dead simple. I'll guide you if you need it, I've got some drawings of the shell I used, when I get a mo I'll stick em on here

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back