Team fortress 2 weapons

dragehest

I am one of the current wave of new comers, and i also want to post something.

I like to have some projects with no purpose, where i can experiment freely with new things and slap stuff together without worry about it looking good.

I love playing Team Fortress 2, and i think it is mostly because how the game looks. So like so many others i have an urge for replicating cool stuff i see.

I have made the grenade launcher and the minigun side by side and have spent maybe 15 hours so far. Materials used is acrylic, mdf and pom, all scavenged from thrash from local factories.

glauncher primed,
dsc1750u.jpg

glauncher before filler and the start of the minigun
dsc1754o.jpg

The barrels on the minigun spins with the help of two ball bearings.
dsc1755c.jpg

first paint session. (mirrored image)
photoon20100504at1712.jpg

this is where the minigun is now
dsc1962o.jpg

here is also a short clip of the mg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30FnmCSVqe8

It looks very "hairy" compared to the standard on this forum, but everything i make daily in my profession have to be super clean and straight so it feel so nice to bash some garbage togehter and smear some paint on it:)

thanks, the models are fairly accurate, found exported models from the game and made some really good blueprints to work with.
too bad i always ruin my models by painting them, i could not have made this look if my life depended on it, so i tend to avoid it instead of practicing more.

thanks, the models are fairly accurate, found exported models from the game and made some really good blueprints to work with.
too bad i always ruin my models by painting them, i could not have made this look if my life depended on it, so i tend to avoid it instead of practicing more.

excellent work!, I think the paint looks great. are you planning on making a sentry :p or flame thrower? That would rock!

cheers

wow thats pretty sweet i know last con i went too there was a guy just up as a medic from TF2 and it was pretty sweet he had a giant medic needle gun

excellent work!, I think the paint looks great. are you planning on making a sentry :p or flame thrower? That would rock!

cheers

i have infact allready made both,
The last year i went to school i had a big project trying to make the whole TF2 character lineup, the project fell into ruins when i broke both my hands and left elbow in an accident and i failed my course.

Making the weapons and the mechanical bits was pure ecstasy for me so i am happy to be able to continue this project now without doing all the tedious essays etc.

here is some pictures from the school project, all models are 1:10

dsc0093mo0.jpg

dsc0103xp4.jpg

dsc0200vc4.jpg

dsc7338zu1.jpg

dsc0100aa7.jpg

dsc0110kq0.jpg

dsc0151pr9.jpg

dsc0180ot0.jpg

dsc0204wg7.jpg

dsc0218yd6.jpg

dsc0242be8.jpg

dsc0249gt9.jpg

dsc0006jk9.jpg

dsc0050.jpg

dsc0042.jpg

dsc0126w.jpg

dsc0131szh.jpg

this is also the project i gave up sculpting, feels good to not have the burden of sculpting on my shoulders:D

Oh wow, those are awesome! I'm a TF2 junkie, so I'm really digging these.

Have you ever thought about doing anything from the fan edits? I think the reskinned sniper rifle made from the Scout's bones would be really sweet.

68500d.jpg

I bet there is a market for some of those bad boys! I'd love to have a sentry gun at my desk at work. :love

Ever thought of offering pieces for sale?

First post :D!

Those are awesome man! Really nice work! I love the sentry gun, really great attention to detail. They would indeed make awesome desk items :).

Fantastic works. You are not working with Gameheads, are you?

no, i am not affiliated with anyone, this is just a afternoon hobby, however would love to team up with a experienced sculptor/painter and do a collaboration and make some decent figures from team fortress,

thanks for all the compliments, make me want to make even more

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back