Scratch built Star Destroyer NEW PICS WITH LIGHTS by Daniel Beck page 6

Re: Scratch built Star Destroyer 2nd attempt

Great build so far; amount of details are great and speaking of razor, some of the disposable blade (or head) are rather costly (the women's specially). Great use of found objects...keep up the great work:cool

Thanks very much! Its fun finding detailing to use. Seems how Im not replicating the detailing exactly to the original model, it gives me a chance to be creative.

Yep, I also have the habit of using electronic boards (from PCs generally) gives me great details real fast!:)

These next pics just show more detailing going on the superstructure.

11 (37).JPG11 (38).JPG11 (36).JPG

Oh yeah, lookin' mighty good there:cool I love modeling with tweezers:D Keep up the good work, it must feel, sometime, like there's no ending to the greeblies.

wow... it's looking really good and I'm diggin the bottom side of the hull.

Do you have pieces picked out for the engines?

- Master Tej -

Yes. I actually used some plastic easter eggs. I drilled a hole in the bottom then cut several strips of styrene and layered them inside. As well as the ring just inside the diameter. This is also a thin piece of styrene cut to size and glue to the strips lining the inside.
IMG_1148.JPG IMG_1157.JPG

Here are some pics of the superstructure near completion. Most of the fiber optics are run with some more needed in the front and rear.

IMG_0004.JPGIMG_0023.JPGIMG_0026.JPGIMG_0033.JPGIMG_0037.JPGIMG_0038.JPGIMG_0042.JPGIMG_0043.JPG

I built the cannons out of styrene and guns from the Tamiya enterprise model. Then I cut them out and glued them to a sanded down tread hub from the hanomag. These cannons are just a trial run. I'll build the new ones a little more accurate, but I'll use this same format.

IMG_1299.JPGIMG_1301.JPGIMG_1304.JPGIMG_1306.JPG

Here are some shots with the superstructure placed on top of the hull. There is a small gap between the superstructure and hull, however, this will be fixed once I am satisfied with the placement. The last two pics show the old bridge I was using for my first destroyer. This will later be rebuilt.

IMG_0101.JPGIMG_0117.JPGIMG_0118.JPGIMG_0121.JPGIMG_0123.JPGIMG_0128.JPGIMG_0129.JPGIMG_0143.JPG

Pieces from the Enterprise used to make the Star Destroyer guns? I love it!

- Master Tej -

I was originally going to use the first bridge I built for my first destroyer, but I really didn't like it and seems how I was building this second destroyer from scratch, I decided to build a new bridge. Here it is under construction.

IMG_0344.JPGIMG_0345.JPGIMG_0379.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back