optimus prime, 6'8 replica

colin1972

hi guys
first post here, wanted to share my current project with you, he's been 18months in the making,ive completly scratch built everything, from the ground up, he's made from plywood, heres some pics for you all,
all the best
colin
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]

hi guys
first post here, wanted to share my current project with you, he's been 18months in the making,ive completly scratch built everything, from the ground up, he's made from plywood, heres some pics for you all,
all the best
colin

I cleaned up the superfluous IMG tags for you.

I really dig it, Optimus Prime is easily my favorite cartoon character. The only nitpick on this stunning build is the face plate is a little too shiny to me. I always imagined it would be more of a dull brushed metal finish. Apart from that, difference of opinion, I love this! Please post more in progress and how you did it!

Amazing job!!! Looking forward to seeing more. :thumbsup

thanks detale78, will defo keep you posted on my prime build!

With a build like that you will fit it well here!

Fantastic job and welcome to the board!

Kenny

thanks smiling demon, ive been posting on some transformer sites,but also wanted to posted it here, theres some fantastic builds on this site!!

I cleaned up the superfluous IMG tags for you.

I really dig it, Optimus Prime is easily my favorite cartoon character. The only nitpick on this stunning build is the face plate is a little too shiny to me. I always imagined it would be more of a dull brushed metal finish. Apart from that, difference of opinion, I love this! Please post more in progress and how you did it!

thanks blownheni, prime is my fave cartoon character too, he came about while i was waiting for parts for my r2d2 to come, i guess i needed another project to keep the ole grey cells ticking over, as i glanced round my room,my 20th anniversary prime caught my eye,the builder and the fan thought "hey that would make a crazy project" and the rest is history as they say,thanks also for tidying my pics,

he's great ..What's your plans after you finish him ? I would love a 8' shockwave with cassettes..:)

thanks propologist, well i hope to display him in my front room, my r2d2 is displayed in my dinning room,ive made him so i can take him to pieces with ease,maybe to take to shows etc,

Awesome build man thanks for sharing.

thanks shaka-zulu, your more than welcome, will keep you all posted here.

I noticed the 20th Anniversary head in one of your pics. My 20th sits next to me on my desk. :lol

yes, ive basically scaled him up 7 times, and then changed him were i needed to, heres some more pics for you all, the build etc, this year i aim to get him up on his legs,
all the best
colin

I can't tell you just how cool this is!

I noticed a speaker, I think, behind the grill. Sound effects? I also have the 20th DVD edition that came with a base with sounds but unfortunately it wasn't Peter Cullen. I don't understand why they just didn't rip the sound bites from the movie, but whatever. It still has the transforming sounds so it wasn't a total loss.

Are his arms static or can they bend at the elbow? And what are you planning for the hands? Are the going to be articulated or maybe swappable for the axe?

Again, this is probably my favorite build on here.

I can't tell you just how cool this is!

I noticed a speaker, I think, behind the grill. Sound effects? I also have the 20th DVD edition that came with a base with sounds but unfortunately it wasn't Peter Cullen. I don't understand why they just didn't rip the sound bites from the movie, but whatever. It still has the transforming sounds so it wasn't a total loss.

Are his arms static or can they bend at the elbow? And what are you planning for the hands? Are the going to be articulated or maybe swappable for the axe?

Again, this is probably my favorite build on here.

hi, really glad you like this, yes the base of the 20th anniversary prime has a really cheesey voice, if you look at the side vents on top of prime your notice that there from the new face mask,original voice and great phrases, so ive got that running through prime with a meater speaker added,much better loader,espically when he does the tranform sound.. had to heat the vents to take the curve out, his arms are fixed but there set at different angles,and one is set back slightly, on the shoulder joint, ive made the hands so they can screw on and off, im going to make his energon axe too, his hands are going to moddified artist hands, made to look more robotic,
all the best
colin

This is really cool! Just out of curiosity how much has this cost you so far?

so far, he has cost me only 280 pounds,which i was really suprised at,as r2 cost me loads, but i have built everything myself so i guess this is were the saving is.
all the best
colin

optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]

:thumbsupHow awesome is this?!!! Loving the build, and coul'dt be happier to see some love given to classic Prime:thumbsup

:thumbsupHow awesome is this?!!! Loving the build, and coul'dt be happier to see some love given to classic Prime:thumbsup

well i thought id go for something which i dont think has been tackled before, im a big prime fan, mainly the g1 prime, although i do like the new movie prime,but im a g1 man,as i grew up with that era.

That is completely awesome.Are you going to build any other transformers after prime?

to be honest, i dont know, id like to say yes,as if i was to make a decepticon,id build soundwave,as hes the decepticon i think id have the most fun building, espicially as he has ravage,rumble,frenzy and laserbeak.
but i think 2010 is going to be a busy year with prime! lol!!

all the best
colin

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back