Moebius Pegasus -DONE-

cylon75

Hi been a while since i have been here but been waiting for this to come out. I will be doing two of these ,the one I'm doing now and a lite one at a later time when the lighting kit is released. For now this one will be a stock build with some PE and a few other mods.
1st i started with the engines theirs a section that is hollowed out on them on the show but not on the model so i am making a adjustment there,i also added apiece under that section to simulate what is there.

Here are some photos:

Last edited:
Re: Moebius Pegasus

Nice touch. Looking forward for more progress pics. Seems some details were missed by Moebius, as was mentioned in another thread.

Yea i cant blame him just trying it affordable to the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

Worked on the landing bays yesterday. Not opening the bays on this one so i used the decals they give you for the ends,it doesn't look bad in opinion. Added the PE to it also was fairly easy makes it look a lot better,have the other bay to do now.

Nice job so far. I only have a couple DVD references available, so I had not caught the engine "slots" that you fixed. Not looking forward to that fix, but it really does look much better. You have inspired me to spend a lot of time with the references I do have, and the rescribing of panel lines has begun in earnest! Moebius has done a great job, as usual, but there are lots of places where the kit can be tweaked. I have not bought any of the photoetch, and was going to hand scribe the sides of the flight bay pylons. After seeing your pics I rather doubt I can match the photo etch, but after buying the eFX Viper Pilot helmet I really need to limit my expenses on frills. :)

Working on the landing bays and i decided to add the gussets to the arms ,I'm using the PE set so all i really had to do was add the resin pieces. Its not a exact to the ship but i think it dose make it look nicer. At this point the bays are done taped off and ready for primer.

Got the bays primed this weekend started on the head piece by making antennas for the nose and gluing in the pieces and did the back end as well as finish off the modding all the engines.

like how the flight pods actually have the ships name on it, liking the build and add-on's thus far

Coming together starting to take shape. Got the head done including some detail pieces for the back ..upper & lower, the PE windows trench installed body glued and engines glued in place.

Got the pipes on the front of the engines, bays glued in and coat of primer now it looks like a ship. Will be putting a color coat and start the detail painting in the next couple days.

Got the base coat on and tried the idea that i have for detail and weathering on the underside of the bay ,i like it so on to the rest of it.

Quick update 1st picture is with my shoe polish wiped on and 2nd is with some detail paint done.

A update on progress: The 1st photo is a shot as I'm putting on my shoe polish wash really shows what it dose for it, 1/2 done on one side you can easily see the difference.
The other shots is the bottom %95 done.

All painted, added battle damage to it and weathering next will be simulated lighting and a few odds and ends along with the guns and a couple coats of clear. Here's almost done.

OK its done now. And will post some beauty shots in the next day or so,but here's some quick shots on how she turned out.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back