Facehugger help????

erk...looks like an oyster I ate once LOL
Probably not the one you ate, but I'm pretty sure they used oysters for that. They describe pretty much what they used in the commentaries on the Quadrilogy box.

Btw: have you already assembled your kit?

Last edited:
DOH! I need to paint mine as well. I have the Halcyon kit. Is that what everyone else has? I put wire/cotton in the tail and fingers/legs so i could pose it.
Once painted ,i think i'm gonna add those plastic fingernails to mine. But trimmed down so it looks right.

Some good closeups from Aliens, during the Stasis Tube scene. More grabs in the appropriate Statis Tube project thread.

The depositor tube is flexible and rubbery.

stasis_06-facehuggertube.jpg

stasis_04.jpg

stasis_07-facehuggertube.jpg

Note how the legs are twisted up... the bottom two especially. The upper legs give the impression of gripping the inner surface of the stasis tube.

stasis_08.jpg

More here

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=38200&page=8

I was thinking the same thing.. though I do know a little about anatomy ;)

BTW. those ridges along the back-side of the facehugger look rather.... well... erm... like male anatomy, or a part of it and considering who designed the thing, it REALLY wouldnt surprise me.

Last edited:

That's a Halcyon, right? The 'forefingers' on mine were the same way, and I wasn't happy with the position. Solved it with coathanger wire and a metal ring, made sort of an internal spider-shaped skeleton so that the fingers were all poseable.
One day I might even paint it...

Exactly..those fingers are annoying but I wasn't concerned with making it a screen version...I love the detail and the organic look of it...

I actually was just about to post about how to paint one of these up, I recently bought a couple kits in the junkyard and cant wait to start on them when they arrive, i knew they were going to be a challenge, but I think i'm gonna have alot of work ahead of me!!!

Solved it with coathanger wire and a metal ring, made sort of an internal spider-shaped skeleton so that the fingers were all poseable.

That's pretty much what I wanted to do to mine... it's a soft vinyl model though, and I kind of wanted to segment the legs and put ball joints in there somehow. It'd be kind of a puppet then. Puppethugger! :)

The Queen facehugger is one hell of a design.

To bad it didn't make the final cut of Alien 3. I have
one myself but have yet to build it up.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back