F/A-37 Talon - 1:72 custom scheme

PetarB

I had high hopes for the 'Stealth' movie, and although it didn't rock my world, it was enjoyable, and Miss Beal was very easy on the eye. For me the real stars however were the various pieces of airborne hardware.

This is a custom version of the F/A-37 Talon. I thought the colour scheme could be lifted a bit and took some inspiration from some of the newer Raptor schemes. I also replaced the resin canopy with a vac-form one I made. I used a different method of washing the panel lines that didn't come out very well on the photographs, it looks all scratchy here for some reason, and although it looks fine in person, I probably wont do that again. I also used a bit of the Tamiya weathering sets to give a slightly battleworn appearance.

A big shout out to the sculptor - was is Scott L? It really was a pleasure to build and captured the shape of the airframe very well. Usually I take my time building, but while I didn't exactly 'rush' this one, it certainly fell together quicker than usual.

Thanks for looking!

stealtha.jpg

stealthh.jpg

stealthc.jpg

stealthe.jpg

stealthg.jpg

stealthb.jpg

stealthf.jpg

Wow. After seeing one of these built up, I shall have to acquire one as I really liked the looks of the jet. Plus it would make for a nice display with my other fictional stealth jets (Testors and Monogram F-19s for instance).

Very Nice looking. Never saw the movie. Looks like a F-14 turned around in the middle. Interesting plane.

Damn, that's nice, PetarB! Have you shown that off in the "workbench" thread over on the Macross forum? If not, you should!

division 6, Raytheon (on Resin Illuminati) was putting together a 1/24 master a while back. Project is on the backburner for now but I'm still watching that space. This ranks pretty close to Firefox for fictional-jet sexiness. :)

Thanks for all the kind words. This is Fantastic Plastic's 1:72 kit in case anyone missed it - it's a superb resin kit, really easy to put together. Would make a great 'first' resin kit if anyone was wondering!
I posted it on the workbench section on MW too, thanks!
Anyways, I saw Raytheon's a long time ago. In fact at some stage, watching his thread, I was inspired to scratchbuild one, but Fantastic Plastic ended up coming out with one first, thank goodness for that, or I'd probably still have it in progress!
Regards, Petar

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back