Enterprise NX-01 1/10 scale model/playset

rchrz60

So this is a W.I.P. NX-01 build. I've started with a hallway which I'm going to try and tie into the three piece bridge set from these figures. I'd also like to have a door lead to the engine room with the warp engine and catwalks. Let me know what you all think so far.

uvu5upe5.jpg

edutu9eg.jpg

Yeah, it's gonna take me a little time, this is a scratch build with limited reference pics, but I'm trying to do a little bit every day. This may also classify as a budget build as it's made out of cardboard and some paints I have around the house. I'm gonna try and get as detailed and accurate as possible, so bare with me if it's slow progress. I'm off on Wednesday and plan to devote some more time to it, figuring out how to tie into the bridge and hopefully at least framing the bridge itself. The only problem is I'm running out of space for all these playsets. I build a three story star destroyer playset with doors and turbo lift, a three story Jedi Temple complete with hangar bay for Jedi star fighters, council chamber and two level Jedi library, and I also built a street and building playset for the DC Direct New 52's action figures complete with pier and water or Aquaman. Where am I going to put this one? Lol well maybe if this thread picks up some interested parties it will motivate me to figure all that out.

UPDATE.....

Alright so I figured I'd tie what I had into the bridge so on the other side of that corridor I've begun building the rear area of the bridge still have some work to do, but cutting out all those panels takes a lot of time. Well, let me know what you all think...
ytavuqyb.jpg

mubabyny.jpg

Update!!!!

Alright folks, got my Hoshi Sato Away Team figure today, so I got a little motivated to put in some more work. I've just about finished the rear right wall, I'm still figuring out if I want this door openable or a still door. Let me know what you think....
ety4y5y5.jpg

uje8u2a7.jpg

2e7ehuju.jpg

3ybypymu.jpg

Yeah, so far it's been pretty fun, but also a little time consuming cutting out all of those panels. When I do have time to work on it, I try to do a wall at a time. My next step is figuring out a turbo lift, then onto the back of T'Pol's station. I figured I'd just work my way around the bridge, section by section. I have the three Art Asylum bridge environments that will be added, and they will also help keep the scale accurate to the figures. In the meantime please keep the comments and suggestions coming, it helps me get motivated to do more, and as always.... I'll post updates as I get more done.

Yay Updates!!!!

Alright folks, I was able to crank out a little bit of the turbo lift, yes it does and will spin. That way you can spin it to open the door, throw a guy in, then spin it to close the door. I was really excited that my idea of how to make it work actually went off without a hitch, granted I still need to ad the detail to the turbo lift door, and inside the turbo lift. Then it will be onto the rear of T'Pol's station, which will probably take a while. Will I'm also going to include a reference pic this time so you can all see what I'm working from, let me know what you all think....

jyrypabe.jpg

sa2eze6a.jpg

avypydab.jpg

je4epedu.jpg

I like the working turbolift- now if you can just get those pesky transporters to work. Great job, love all the little details.

I like the working turbolift- now if you can just get those pesky transporters to work. Great job, love all the little details.

Give me some time, those pattern buffers are no joke! I can make em disappear, but reappearing is tricky. Lol. Glad you all like it so far.

I really like how this is coming out!! Cardboard is one of my favorite materials to work with! :thumbup:

A little advice: if you want smooth seams and transitions in the work, use masking tape: it can be primed and painted over, and when you line it up one piece to another, it is almost seamless. Try using the regular and wide rolls (tan, not blue), and I think you'll see what I mean. A hot glue gun also works wonders too.

Keep up the awesome work, rchrz60!!!!

-Robert

Ah, I love this! Great use of materials...very resourceful and it looks great with the figures. Can't wait to see the bridge come together :)

Hey all,
Glad to finally see some comments rolling in. I was worried you all either didn't like it, or I was the only one who liked Enterprise. I'll keep posting pics with updates as much as possible. Luckily I can get all the boxes from work I need so I should be able to do as much as will fit in my house. Also it's a thinner cardboard so it's easer to work with, case in point, the turbo lift is the same material as the walls, but I was able to roll it. Thanks again for all the kind words, it's good to get approval from some of you pros that have set the stage with your own amazing works.

Alright folks, another day, another update....

You'll have to forgive me, I wish it was a more drastic update, but I worked all day, and this is all I had the mental energy to do when I got home. The rough framing of T'Pol's station is in place. As you can see from the pictures I mean ROUGH. It is attached to the other side of the turbo lift but I still need to reinforce it on the back side better or if I move it too much it will probably break apart, and the last thing we want is a hull breach..... You can see though that the rear station will tie directly into the Art Asylum Station. I still have a lot of paint and details to put into it, but let me know what you think so far...

Later

usaqyqyb.jpg

da4edu3e.jpg

yzatu2yj.jpg

y9ezy3eh.jpg

6ybe4ypa.jpg

avy4esub.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back