EFNY AirForce One Show Off thread

anubispro

Havent posted in a while so thought I would show off my latest display addition to my home decor:
Its the filming model of Air Force One from Escape from New York.
I attached it to the underside mounting point and made a small shelf to hold the three NYC building models (also used in the production). Used a plaque I made to resemble the buildings to help blend the display together.
The model was built by James Cameron and was only finished on one side. It had three mounting points, front, rear and bottom midsection. Also has three connectors for electricity to power the lights.
Enjoy:

3805734252_c761d529ff.jpg

3805734526_4725c920d7.jpg

3804917021_d02804036a.jpg

3804917177_bef41a17d5.jpg

3804917365_c34b8ee56b.jpg

That's the real deal huh!? That is over-the-top-cool on various levels! particularly since it was built by Cameron. How did you obtain the model?

Yup. That's the bridge that served as the "69th Street Bridge" in the film. It's now a part of a bicycle trail or something like that. I've come across pictures of it before.

Yup. That's the bridge that served as the "69th Street Bridge" in the film. It's now a part of a bicycle trail or something like that. I've come across pictures of it before.

Cool!
Makes sense, they did a lot of filming in St Louis.
Back in the late 70s parts of it looked like a post-apocalyptic NY.

I have had the AF1 in my collection since about 1998.
Got it from a good friend in trade.

WOW, how ironic. I just watched this movie last week and thought it would be cool to have a mode of that plane!!:thumbsup

None available,..except the one on my wall.
It was a "one off" sculpt and not supposed to represent any "existing" ac.
Except for the vertical stabilizer. :cool

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back