Definitive ANH Falcon Interior

just did a photomatch of the gun turret while I had some down time at work, and man... the fullscale quad laser prop is bananas.

The main body has got to be some engine part, but I don't have many clues yet. And then these pointy wood panel extensions... it's almost as if someone looked at the miniature in passing, went out and got hammered, realized they had to get back to work, and built the thing from memory in an afternoon. This is one prop where I'm not even sure I want to do it, which feels really weird considering the rest of the project...

hmmm..

Untitled.png

turret 1.jpgturret 2.jpg

Brilliant work, Starkiller.

Seeing the Falcon in white reminds me of parts of the NOSTROMO from ALIEN. Makes sense as Roger Christian worked on both films.

Ted.

Beautiful work - as always! I'm sure the original prop is tucked away in the Lucas Archives... Probably over a tarp. It just has to be! ;)

question time, does anyone know what these racks might be? The model I have is pretty close to the real thing, but knowing the definite original part (and hopefully its dimensions) would help scale everything correctly)

rack2.jpgrack.jpg

question time, does anyone know what these racks might be? The model I have is pretty close to the real thing, but knowing the definite original part (and hopefully its dimensions) would help scale everything correctly)

View attachment 404336View attachment 404335

I've been trying to figure out that exact same part! They appear to be some kind of aviation or computer component rack. Maybe Wavey has some ideas?

now I wonder why you might be trying to figure those parts out... thinking of an addition to your quad laser?

here are some updates to the seat and control column. Thanks to Wavey for identifying the parts that make up the controls.

turret 9.jpg

turret 10.jpg

now I wonder why you might be trying to figure those parts out... thinking of an addition to your quad laser?

After Celebration... I'm strongly considering building the gunner station! Naturally the quad will have to be floor mounted - as it would have appeared from Luke's view. Like you, I REALLY want to know what those racks/trays are. I can always laser cut them, but I would rather have the real thing.

Plus... I get to fab another set of Martin Baker seats... UGH...

Brilliant work as always!

Lovin the quad room already!

anh MF quadroom panels1.jpg

I think the long strips are the under-side of UK 3-pin plug/power distribution boards, the angular holes being for wall mounting. But these may have been made 'in-house' for the studio's own needs. Check out the top of the 3rd strip from the left - it's missing 2 smaller screw holes completely, though a rough marking is there.

The part with the 10 square cut-outs under it looks to be too thin to be an item on its own, so maybe the metal top of something. Still puzzling that one.

Last edited:
standing in front of, looking up, and looking down the gun-well.

turret 13.jpg

turret 11.jpg

turret 12.jpg

just a quick note about the details in the corridor, I haven't got around to making the padding there accurate, as well as adding the light grid/sconces that are supposed to be on the third pad from the floor (not to mention tearing out the missing padding and adding in tons of pipes and what not)...

Hey S,

Would love to see a better render of what Luke's view out of the station window would have actually looked like :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back