1-72 X-Wing by Bandai

Jaitea

Master Member
I know I posted these images on the SW Bandai thread, but I'm gonna post my WIP here,......and I've got an unstarted FineMolds X-Wing which I'm gonna build along-side for comparison.

....but first......Wow,......Beauty

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1426-1.jpg

Darker grey....is the FineMolds
IMG_1425.jpg

The detail!!!!.......the detail,.....I hope they do a 1-72 Falcon

Post later with WIP

J

The cockpit just slots together so smoothly like Lego, I really cant explain how fantastic this kit is, it is truly a fantastically engineered masterpiece, the cockpit at the minute,....dont want to go on until painting:

Cockpit.jpg

Most of the wing parts:
Wingsampcomponents.jpg

Beautiful detailing, so fine:
InsideEngines.jpg

The Engines,....each assembly is locked down by the next piece,.....its very hard to see the joins

Nozzles.jpg

....sorry a wee bit blurry
Nozzles2.jpg

Assembled wings,....I'm gong to give this a blast of primer:
Wings.jpg

Thats where I'm at with both kits,.....the FineMolds kit is a beautiful kit...very nicely made,....but the Bandai is fun,....its like going back to your childhood, when model building was really fun,....thats the buzz I'm getting out of this

Thanks for looking
John

Look at the engine nozzle, they copied the heat sink right down to the screw hole! They really did a nice job, but I'd still need a microscope to build it.

I thought the light grey parts were the FM parts at first because of the super detail, then realized that they were the Bandai parts! Holy Crap! The heat sink detail blew my mind!

Well I did a bit more, at this stage I gave the kits a bit of primer

Top one is Bandai:
primed.jpg

Primed2.jpg

Slightly different,.....but which is more accurate?
primed3.jpg

You can see the copex tubing on the Bandai:
Cockpits.jpg

The butts:
Butt.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

So what's the size difference lke between the Finemolds and the Bandai kits? Is it very noticeable?? The Bandai totally knocks the Finemolds kit out of the park and that is a horribly high standard to be knocking out of any parks at all.......
The size discrepancy and the price (i've no idea what the pricing is) are the only things that make me hesitate about adding this kit to my collection

The Bandai,.....you can get on a well known auction site from a UK seller for £21,....free postage

It looks like it'll be 4 or 5 mm shorter,.....hardly noticeable

......the way I look at it,....there are differences between the filming models, so I don't think its a big issue

J

Having built a SS X-Wing, the Bandai canon body is way more accurate than the FM. Again, the heatsink in the canon looks perfect. The cockpit, also more detailed. The wings also, well, so far, it looks like it is all better detailed than the FM.

Wow seeing in primer really brought out the detail. The details in the cockpit are impressive, it really validates all the work I did on my MPC cockpit. Although it's still not as detailed as the Bandai kit. This isn't helping me save money, I told myself to not buy any more kits until I get a couple more done.

It is a nice looking model. Bandai's serious about their kits, I've only ever had a few that went together where seams were noticeable and those were my fault for messing up. One problem is this: once you get it together they don't usually unsnap well if they're slide together pieces so be sure you're done before assembly. Does this one require glue? Most of the ones I've built from them has it as optional or when something goes wrong.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back