1/350 NX-01, yet another build but dont get too excited!

Not as much progress as i would have liked this weekend but i only managed a couple of hours today. Hopefully i can get most of this marking and the drive section all Azteced up tomorrow.

Finished off the Aztec detailing on the drive section, not necessarily screen accurate but i do like the effect i achieved. I think she looks pretty good even though i do say so myself.

screen accurate or not; i think it looks GREAT! very cool!
once your done here you need to go back to your bird of prey

It's a personal rule to never go back to a model once i deem it as finished,just my thing. I may buy another and start again but that particular Warbird is finished, the lights may not work but she isn't actually too bad. Thanks for the comments though metal,much appreciated.

You have my eldest daughter to thank for the latest progress; she insisted on seeing the model lit up! Super glued the saucer section but the drive section is still to be 'stuck', cable ties will suffice for now. There are no flashing lights yet, the flasher circuit and the LCD display will all be powered and set up in the base. She still has a lot of light leaks but ill sort those with canopy glue. Even if i say so myself she doesn't look too bad and is certainly coming along.

Nice to see progress :)
She is looking good ! And very nice lighting. I especially like the warp nacells and the bussard collectors. Looking great on this pictures.
Keep it up ! I think... this will be an awesome looking spaceship when its finished.

Ratbone, thanks and i certainly hope so. Still a way to go yet but she is getting there and once i have the flasher circuits for the Nav, Anti collision lights and the Bussards i think she will look OK.

LOL, thanks metal. She doesn't stand up too well to a real close inspection and i have to redo some of theAztecing but I'm very pleased with er up to now. What do you reckon on these options for the LCD displays?

I know have the LCD display sorted and running off a stand alone battery pack. I packed it up into some foam board, added a couple of LED for effect and can now start to think about finishing off the base and getting the model mounted onto it.

Hi Rud and thanks, im back into it now. I have a few other kits on the shelf i want to get on with so need to get this one done.Its a great kit and i have enjoyed doing it up to now. I never did see that Voyager of yours finished, what happened to her?

I just bought another voyager kit because I wasnt happy with the way I did the windows on the upper saucer on mine. I'll get back into it eventually, but right now I'm neck deep in fabricating saddlebags for my Pee-wee bike replica. I'll have to settle with model building vicariously through you for awhile, lol. Keep up the good work.

I got most of the electrics into the base this evening. 15V in and two 5V power takes off inside the base with a further 12v power take off. That should give me enough take offs and power points to light the bird up. I need to paint and seal the base and then get back to the model itself. Im trying to figure out what else i want to do to the base to give it something extra, rather than being a painted square box................lol. It's all go and all good fun!

Definitely getting there, with these camera angles you don't get to see the bad bits! I'm probably going to redo the Aztec Pattern on the top of the model, it just isn't good enough so that might take some time. i still have a few details to do, complete the base and then go for the decals which should be fun. I'm not as happy with it a i could be but those bits that need re-doing would be just too much hassle at this stage so she stays as she is, lets see what some creative painting can do to tidy her up. By all means let me have your comments, they are always appreciated.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back