Salzo V3 X wing build

Gunpowder

Sr Member
Well here we go. This will be a slow build as i have other commissions to do aswell. I echo what has already been said. THE best SS X-wing you can get!
I wasnt going to light the cockpit . but i decided "what the hey!" I had a spare hour so i got the pin vice and fibre optics out and went to town. I am going with the new cockpit , just because i have built so many i fancied a change! Looks great so far .

DSC_0973.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

Awesome I cant wait to see this one progress. It is embarassing to admit but I havent even ordered one of these yet :(

G

I don't even know how to order one or what they cost. Everytime I or someone else asks, no one ever answers.

Just PM Mike Salzo. He did answer that vey question from someone else - you'll find the details in the original thread.

Cheers!
Martyn

Is this X Wing the same size as a CC?

Yeah it is slightly larger as the CC was originally based on a Pyro model.

The wings are thicker and man it sure is pretty. There has never been a more accurate model available and really this is just the next evolution of the CC.

JDH

More PICS Gunny

Good start Andrew, looking forward to this, you decided on a final marking pattern? LOL.

lee

Well as you know , i have pondered it , but i think Red 5 is the winner. I feel like i know it so well , I have made so many Red 5s for people and the small paint details you discovered would really be cool.

Heres the latest on the cockpit. Most of it is done. I need to paint Lukes head and add the cockpit LED. The Blue is just a test. I got rid of the excess canopy framing too.

DSC02094.jpg

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02096.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely Done!!!

Oh WOW!! How did I miss this one?!! :confused

Beautifully done sir! (y)love:thumbsup I can't wait to view more progress! :D

Looking good, GunPowder :thumbsup.

Are you going to be adding the hoses in the cockpit? If so, any idea what you might be using? I only ask because I have a CC x-wing waiting in the wings and I really want to add those hoses (I'm kind of a detail freak), but I'm not sure what to use.

-Fred

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back