My ATST - German Africa colours

moes1

Sr Member
Here is a couple of pictures of my ATST. I wanted to create something different than a grey paint scheme, and thought about WW2 German Africa Corp. This is a possible paint scheme by the ATST pilots on Tatooine. The chipping is made with a sponge and tons of drybrushing is applied. My idea was that the pilot had painted the ATST themselves, and didn't bother to clean it first. Just like the German troops did with their tanks. They often was shipped directly from Europe to Africa and then painted there.
The base is made with real sand used in Reptile tanks, bought in a pet store. The sand is mixed with cement and white glue.

Beautiful Moe, paint scheme is outstanding, what a terrific idea. I think it looks better in this color than the usual greys. All decked out for a recon mission on Tatooine.
Stu

Wow Moe, I like this even more than the original paint scheme! And it is so well executed.

Aren't you afraid of sagging? Or do you have metal in the legs?

Thomas

Well done!...it would've been neat to have used the AfrikaKorps insignia but replace the swastika with the Imperial cog in the desert palm tree.

I'd like to do a Feldgrau At-At one day complete with Zimmerit.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back