Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW Neil, thats outstanding work

Best thread ever on this forum. I can´t stop looking at the pics, just amazing.

I bow to you:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

I quite agree. Wow, terrific job Neil. That looks about as dead-on as you can get. You've captured the sleeker profile of the filming miniatures 'head' perfectly.

If/when you make such a creation available I'd be very interested to know about it :love

Nick

Thanks guys. Still working on it. Spare time is at a minimum however, please bear with me :)

Wings and cockpit profile:
6601064.jpeg

Any progress dude? Can't wait to see v2 'cause v1 was perfect. By far my favorite design of the OT. So sleak and elegant and you have really captured it beautifully.

I am with everyone else here, if this doesn't become a kit, I may just jump off a bridge. Life just wouldn't be the same.

I noticed in your first post you listed some of the main donner kits. Any chance you could list all the kits you bashed for this project. I have the original kenner toy and have been throwing 'round the idea to add some detail and enhance the toy a bit.

Just curious.

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Yes, I will post the kit list here. And yes, I have made some progress this weekend:

Here is the start of the lower fuselage. The 'slits' for the wing mech are blocked in for moulding purposes.

1729949.jpeg

Here, you can see how the engine housing clips onto the back of the lower fuselage. Again, this section was made serperately for moulding purposes and also to allow the fitting of neon bulbs etc.

1755415.jpeg

Lee, if you read this...I haven't forgotten about you mate, still looking for a couple of sdk-fz 223's :)

Neil

Hey guys,

I've just spent the week working on the v2 at the university workshop. I was able to rent some space there before the new term starts.

3012868.jpeg

The upper fuselage part (in yellow) is a new sculpt, slightly longer than the v1, to fit the longer lower fuselage. The slope of the koolshade grill is also slightly changed. The upper fuselage section slots into the lower section and it locked in place by the sloped parts below the intakes. The intakes have a less 'up-and-down' profile now. The cockpit is a little slimmer in places, but only just, with more curve in the nose. The 'ears' are closer together too.

3041420.jpeg

All the wings are larger, especially the side wings. They made in the same way however, polyurethane foam core with styrene skins. The front and back recessed areas will be cut from the wings and cast separately. The neck is considerably narrower.

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:
That's all looking very tasty Neil. Great job. The Imperial shuttle is one of my favorite ships and you are doing it proud! :)

Nick

Impressive, very impessive!!!. You are one very talented guy. Keep up the good work dude I always look forward to your progress updates.
Stu

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back