F&M Bwing build up and BIG mods!

Yeah its eluding me Julien lol, ill keep looking though, its a vent cut from something, you can see where its been joined to the box assembly, blooming kit IDing, its a mugs game haha! Concorde, its the Revell kit for my Uncle, i drilled out the windows and fitted an LED strip to light her up, but the build, oh man, the kit is a mess NOTHING fits, wing roots are a pig, i HATE it, need to get back at it soon, but it tested my patience getting a clean build on the hull and wings, and i hear the decal fit is a joke....so I've that to look forward to huh LOL.

lee

Thanks Mark, TBH i just need to get the main wing gun housing finished and fitted, putty up all the hull joins, and then move on to styrene parts and paint, made a few mods so i can retro fit the lighting after painting now, and it'll be nice to wrap up the resin work, as the slightest touch of this stuff lately brings my hands out in blisters, either I've developed a full on allergy finally, or its the type of resin, but its latex gloves from here on!

lee

Hey lee had another ? And can't seem to figure it out. What kit does the track on the engine ends come from?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 147
I've always wondered what those are too! Those are still a mystery as far as I know. They're really odd parts. They seem like tracks but I don't think they are. "Maybe off a toy" I think was an assumption at one time.

AFAIK they never have been found, ive not warranted looking for them of late either, IDing a few models right now so you never know, but the more i look at them lately they look cut, from something, as opposed to a singular replicated part.

lee

Cant think of one small enough TJ, not from that era, although i may have even mentioned wayyy back haha, im think inner armor track linkage, could have been rubber in its original non cast form?

Lee

Dont think you can Mark, was just spitballing, just those pips on the ILM model i have down as the mold pips on a rubber tyre was all, its a thin theory lol!

lee

I remember reading it in a thread. It could have very well been you that I got it from.

Cant think of one small enough TJ, not from that era, although i may have even mentioned wayyy back haha, im think inner armor track linkage, could have been rubber in its original non cast form?

Lee

Could have been mate, i was young, foolish and easily dazzled lol, im sure itll turn up, just like Basil Fawlty's dining room door!

lee

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back