F&M Bwing build up and BIG mods!

Thanks TJ, just having a bit of fun! Don cheers, now ive almost cracked this section, ill be modding hull/engine parts so i can start piecing together something like a Bwing! Just still not modding that hull plating, grinding resin is a major pooper these days!

Lee

Added the rest of the ribs and plates, and attached the parts from the Leopold, shot with a first dust of primer. Is it perfect? Hell no, its not 3d printed or laser cut, but its way closer the the orange spot variant and a lot cleaner than the cast parts, so I'm way happy with how its turning out.
Started on the cockpit interior, having to really mod and shave 'n' save on space due to my canopy being on the wonk, and i have to trim to level it out, but again, its turning out great.

lee

Mate it was entertainment at its finest, still prefer the girl with big boob selling tight vests though, sadly, no video on that one lol!
Hoping to smash a fair bit on this B over the hols mate, think i can motor a bit now!

Lee

Bit more progress on the Bill wing. Cockpit shoulder side now assembled. Its been tedious, a lot of surface micro bubbles left clean up a bit of a chore, sanding, filling, priming, flatting, blending, more priming, but its super clean now, but more tweaking and buffing, but its taking shape now, love the new cockpit ring, really is apparent now fitted.
The flanking ring around the rear cockpit was rebuilt using the correct RE20 parts too, silly little detail, but every bit helps. Will be cutting the armature tomorrow, and tapping it out for a lower and rear mount point, maybe a front, but not sure id ever use it, we shall see and ill start the engine housing mods.
Didn't manage to get the gyroscope feature to work, works like a charm without the canopy fitted, once i add that, it sticks lol, ah well, the short of it i have have a super smooth cockpit rotation. Now....do i light her??? What you reckon guys?

lee

Sexy !! Makes me want to build one from scratch now ! Haha, very clean work, I like the work you're doing !

Lighting ? That's something I dont bother anymore cuz I never turn the lights on. All those kind of gadgets that's a lot of work for something you will use once (it reminds me the machanized wings of my X-Wing. Once painted, I never plugged it and never used the motor to open or close the wings, only did it by hand lol).

Keep up the good job.

Julien thanks, its you and Guy that have driven me insane to build a B wing close to what you both achieved. Yeah lighting, servos and gizmos, its all a bit Hasbro and toy like i guess, and you are right, id turn it on once or twice and forget it was there lol, ill see how i feel after the engine clean up, as its all gotta go in there, but id rather strike for a clean well painted model, than a ton of doohickeys that flash and whir.

lee

Allan :), Ill consider it if i can lay my hands on some plug and play LED boards, know I've got some, but kinda put them in a "safe" place haha, there just easy to use and allow me to plug the LED's in via JST connectors, ill get on the hunt, to be fair, theres a ton of room in the engine box for a cell and wiring, as well as the armature.
The prop seems to use Grain of wheat bulbs (thanks Guy) for the spot lamps, and some kind of Halogen in the engines. Always had the inner engines as BT46 rims, but looking closer now, and, going by the hunch they are halogen bulbs, they appear to be turned aluminium.

lee

Lee mate, very tidy work there my friend. Was never a fan of the B, but with recent builds & seeing yours coming along nicely, kind of grows on you, ya know!.
I know you'll do a stellar build & really looking forward to your paint job!.

I think you have to at least light the engines as Allan said, modern LED's are just incredible.
I really didn't want to light the Falcon, it's almost like you're pressured into it somehow you know, but the more you think about it & realise how fairly easy it is these days, be criminal not to. I feel it would be worth the trouble Lee.

Ahem, did you get those parts posted mate, no pressure, when you can.

About lighting it: I totally get not putting a lot into it because as you guys said, you' almost never turn them on. What I've been trying to do with some of my later builds is to just put tiny battery operated LED flashlights in the engines. So it's self-contained and not elaborate this way. Just a thought. It gets the job done for pics and oohs and ahs.

Stu your parts are packed, try get out tomorrow and shoot them over buddy! Thanks for the comments, you too Scott. Yeah, ill work on lighting her then lol, even without an idiot board lol, ill solder them up nice, may have to just run them from a 9V as i can't do leads running into display models, just looks ugly, so an internal source i reckon.
As for the B itself, Stu i never was a huge fan, wasn't on my radar, but you get a few assemblies together, and you just fall in love with it, its a great size too. should turn out great now, still a lot of modding to do, ill make work a lot easier using kit parts from here, but I'm still not re plating it lol, thats too far for me.

lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back