Modern Joker not TDK joker

Cl0wn

I am working on a modern version of the joker someone from nowadays not TDK because I am not a huge fan of TDK i am going to dye my hair green anyway so...........

i was thinking of a purple hooded sweatshirt and black baggy pants becasue really ll the joker was in the comics was a thug.......

so thats the look i am going for here is what my hoody should look like when im done

jokerhoody.jpg

Now this is a rough drawing cause i'm on the way to work but let me know what everyone thinks.. and what are some suggestions for my hair it is currently able to be spiked up and such kinda shaggy but nothing else lol

and for the Tshirt under the hoody i will making an Arkham inmate Tshirt
and all opions and suggestions are welcome

Not to dump on your concept, because I honestly want to see how this comes out, but the Joker has always been a mastermind, a ringleader as it were, and not a thug. Looking forward to how this looks when you finish it!

i am taking the concept of the Jokerz from batman beyond really because they were all just street thugs but Jman was thier leader and he looked like a furture version of the joker

I think you should swap the images around, put the joker card on the back and the back design on the front and make it smaller to go over the left breast.

i always dig new interpretations of classic characters. take ur hoody idea and expand it to all parts of the costume. pants, boots? go nuts. once you have a large number of ideas you can take a step back, and mix and match your different interpretations of your idea. thats just my advice. im totally looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Not to dump on your concept, because I honestly want to see how this comes out, but the Joker has always been a mastermind, a ringleader as it were, and not a thug. Looking forward to how this looks when you finish it!

What he said. The joker has always dressed classy, and better than his thugs, even when criminals were more "gangsters" than the modern thugs.

Just my two cents.

What he said. The joker has always dressed classy, and better than his thugs, even when criminals were more "gangsters" than the modern thugs.

Just my two cents.

My sentiments exactly. When I did my research for a friend's Joker costume, he was always very dapper. He always wore a nice suit, his hair was always perfect, and he always took care of his clothes. They were always perfectly coordinated. If I'm not mistaken, he probably killed anyone who touched his suit without his permission. Appearance was his priority, besides his crime.

What I respected about TDK Joker, he acted more like a thug (as to be a little more terrifying to the people of the streets) but he cared enough to get a suit custom made to himself. (REF: "His clothes are all custom." AND "The suit? It wasn't cheap.") He obviously cared about his appearance enough to make sure he had the best. He probably killed any tailor that didn't give him exactly what he wanted.

Even the Jokerz took care of their appearance. True, they were more thuggish than the original, but Jokester took great care of himself when he wasn't being beaten to a pulp.

Anyway, I don't think any incarnation of the Joker would be caught DEAD in a hoodie and black pants. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I've been a fan of the Joker for a LONG time. I feel a certain obligation to defend my favorite DC character.

Anyway, I don't think any incarnation of the Joker would be caught DEAD in a hoodie and black pants. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I've been a fan of the Joker for a LONG time. I feel a certain obligation to defend my favorite DC character.

this.

hoodies have always struck me as lazy/lame. no offense to your vision, but i dont think it applies very well to joker. at first i was with the op on the whole batman beyond "jokerz" thing, but eh....it was really a stretch. honestly, one would be better off just going for that look, as ive never seen it costumed before, and would be much more impressive than some kid in a hoodie that kind of looks like the joker. i have 3 joker costumes to my name, and all of them ive taken care to making sure i had my suit tailored for me, and the suits are well taken care of.

Ok so thanks for the bagging ppl

but i don't have the extra money for a suit and tie i work and barely pay bills that's why i was going to work with what i have lying about the house and i have tons of hoodies and such and i also work in a factory i couldn't really wear a 3 piece to work i did it for a prom zombie last year a friend gave me the suit and it didn't work out so thanks to you all that gave constructive criticism and for those of you who think my idea is lame then whatever if i didn't join to hear that at all and BTW Rollerboi i am a JUGGALO

Thank you all

and for those of you who think my idea is lame then whatever if i didn't join to hear that at all
Hey, if you're gonna put it out there, you gotta take the bad with the good.
Ultimately you need to do what you feel is right with your costume. The bottom line is to have fun with it.

Hey, if you're gonna put it out there, you gotta take the bad with the good.
Ultimately you need to do what you feel is right with your costume. The bottom line is to have fun with it.

thank you for that and i will and i will post photos as i work on the costume

and i will be making an Arkham Inmate shirt to wear also

@Cl0wn - there is nothing wrong taking a classic character and putting yr own twist on it,....hell look at all the damn steampunk costumes out there. Theyll add sprockets to anything and think it looks good.

Point is, do what you want - looking forward to it, and welcome to the boards

Re: Ok so thanks for the bagging ppl

but i don't have the extra money for a suit and tie i work and barely pay bills that's why i was going to work with what i have lying about the house and i have tons of hoodies and such and i also work in a factory i couldn't really wear a 3 piece to work i did it for a prom zombie last year a friend gave me the suit and it didn't work out

Just try a thrift store and some clothes dye, you'd be surprised at how cheaply a costume can be thrown together especially if you're not trying to nail a specific screen-accurate imagery.

so thanks to you all that gave constructive criticism and for those of you who think my idea is lame then whatever if i didn't join to hear that at all

Most people are just trying to say that the concept doesn't fit with the background and character of the Batman Joker. If you can pull it off, more power to you. I think if you want to make a hoodied costume you'd have fun if you got a group of friends together to all do the same, and be henchmen.

and BTW Rollerboi i am a JUGGALO
Good, then you won't be *mistaken* for one. :lol But seriously, all I'm trying to say is people may not realize you're trying to be something unique in a hoodie-based costume unless it's done extremely well and stands out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back