Johnny 5 - Short Circuit

Tee

Someone have tryed to build a Johnny 5 from Short Circuit ?

Jonnhy5_001.jpg

Jonnhy5_002.jpg

Jonnhy5_003.jpg

Jonnhy5_004.jpg

I tryed it several month ago but it is very long and hard, my prototype :

Jonnhy5_005.jpg

Jonnhy5_006.jpg

Jonnhy5_007.jpg

Jonnhy5_008.jpg

Jonnhy5_009.jpg

:wacko
Tee

Last edited:
Bonjour Tee. bienvenue au forum.

Your project looks like a good start. This is one of my favorite robots, and look forward to your posts.

I remember wanting one of these so bad when I was a kid (and I still am a kid in many ways!) but yeah, never seen anyone do this before so this would be a fun project to fallow.
Never give up, never surrender!

I remember wanting one of these so bad when I was a kid (and I still am a kid in many ways!) but yeah, never seen anyone do this before so this would be a fun project to fallow.
Never give up, never surrender!

The Johhny 5 Builders group have done a lot of great research. I believe most of what's been built (lifesize) is concentrating on the tracks.

Personally I'd LOVE a J5 head. The shape would lend itself it Pep pretty nicely and then from there some nice hollow resin casts would be SWEET.

Photographs and plans to work: The Input-Inc Robot Project
The best reference for J5!

Original Radio-Controlled Miniature from Short Circuit 2:
toy.jpg

we can find on Web much project for the real size and some mini model in resin but nothing to the sale.

I had in contact with Kenneth JOHNSON which announced me that there was to be a new movie and maybe replica.

Quote :
... I hear that Short Circuit 3 is in the works, although I am not involved. Perhaps then they will make small robots like him ...

Tee

man its been my dream to always have one of the small J5's. I remember always trying to build a small one out of wood but never succeeded. LOL i hope one day we are all given a nice little tiny metal replica to play with.

"Number Johnny 5 is ALIVE!!"
Love both the movies, would be great if they did a #3!
....as for a build, couldn't we just cannibalize a toy Wall-E??

walle.jpg

As soon as I saw Wall-E my mind screamed "Johnny Five." There are obvious differences, but there's also enough similarity to wonder at Wall-E's inspiration. It seems that a 1:1 Johnny Five would be on par with a full 1:1 R2-D2. It would be a heck of a thing to have on display. I can just imagine hooking it up with a built in mp3 player that called people "crap-head." LOL

As soon as I saw Wall-E my mind screamed "Johnny Five." There are obvious differences, but there's also enough similarity to wonder at Wall-E's inspiration. It seems that a 1:1 Johnny Five would be on par with a full 1:1 R2-D2. It would be a heck of a thing to have on display. I can just imagine hooking it up with a built in mp3 player that called people "crap-head." LOL

I thought the same exact thing when I saw Wall-e..It totally reminded me of johnny 5.

I think disney star tours may of had droids in their waiting area that looked like Johnny 5. Darn, I wish I took pictures of them before they closed it down..There were two of them, and one would talk to the crowd

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back