T2 Arnold bust

Alaneye

Sr Member
Hi Guys, just wanted to show you the Terminator 2 Arnie bust I've been working on. Thanks.

IMG_6357.jpg

How much have you been sculpting? Looks really professional and the likeness is damn solid.

One thing though, if it is okay to make suggestions. The hair looks a little swept back and not just short and straight up - more like the T1000 style, if you know what I mean. A way to counter that effect, I've learned, is to basically stab the tool down from above to create that straight-up hairdo look of a short trim. But seriously... it's cool already - I just think that would add to the piece.

3rd scale. Hmm... always wanted to try that size.

How much have you been sculpting? Looks really professional and the likeness is damn solid.

One thing though, if it is okay to make suggestions. The hair looks a little swept back and not just short and straight up - more like the T1000 style, if you know what I mean. A way to counter that effect, I've learned, is to basically stab the tool down from above to create that straight-up hairdo look of a short trim. But seriously... it's cool already - I just think that would add to the piece.

3rd scale. Hmm... always wanted to try that size.

I've been sculpting on and off since the early 90s, you may have seen one or two garage kits I made some years back like Rawhead Rex and Evil Ed from Evil Dead 2. More recently I made a one off 1/3 Predator. Maybe I'll post that too if you want a look.

Thanks for the comments on the sculpture. I've been working on the hair today, getting the shape etc. I added the lines in and in some pics from earlier in T2 you will see that swept back look, but I would like him to have a messier, spikier look that is more in keeping with the end of the movie. I've been experimenting some and will hopefully find a technique and look that I like.

Last edited:
That Pumpkinhead is awesome! :eek Great sculps and I like your choice of subjects.

Rawhead Rex! Wow. Nice sculp, bad movie. Even Clive Barber was ashamed of that one.

That's pretty awesome. I've got a comment regarding the endo chest piece, but I don't know how accurate you wanna go. But the recessed middle strip should be wider and the chest should go down further before it begins angling inwards.

Looks like the "Hasta la Vista" scene at the end, where he pops a round into the frozen T1000 at the steel mill.

Hi Too Much, I think you are right on the endo chest. I couldn't find much clear reference for it and ended up using a 1:1 sculpture forum member dblank did here from reference pictures of the actual movie piece, and a couple of scale endos I have from Hot Toys and Sideshow. I realised after I'd sculpted the whole thing that the bandolier around his shoulder will obscure a good part of what I have done. I'll see what I can do.

I've also tried making the hair more like it's standing up, but I'm not sure I like what I've done up to now. But I'll keep working on it.

I think there are pictures available of the make-up chest cast that was used for the movie somewhere here on the forum... just to figure out how to find it.

Looking forward to seeing more. But... regarding the hair. You could try the stabbing method on a piece of sculpey to see the effect it creates, before trying it on the bust. I use the flat end of the sculpting tool when doing this and just swivel it between my fingers between stabs, so it doesn't go down in the same direction, if that makes sense.

Simply beautiful. What I love about this sculpt is that you have given him motion. Meaning it looks like a barrage of bullets just hit him and he is about to turn and open up on the LAPD!!! Well done!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back