$200 Iron Man or War Machine Armor

PAULFIERCE

This is the first time I ever created a costume. I wanted something unique for Halloween last year. After attending the San Diego Comic-Con and saw the "Hall of armor" at the Marvel booth showcasing Tony Stark's armors, I was inspired!

I present to you guys, my build from last year, Currently modifying it to my version of Iron Man 2 War machine.

Materials used

USPS poster tube boxes = $0 (order them online and they ship to you FREE)
Helmet = $150
Glue Gun and Glue sticks = $5
Spray Paint = $10
Under Armor long sleeves and pants = $45
Arc Reactor lights = $10

I will be happy to answer any questions! Everything was free handed! No guides, no Pep!

15543_1250766103520_1060511111_831587_4270806_n.jpg

15543_1250765863514_1060511111_831582_7362090_n.jpg

Jezus.... Ironman is burining hot these days. And wow.. People are creative ! :thumbsup
Combining all this know how and ideas really is inpireing. And the cost... :eek:thumbsup

Jezus.... Ironman is burining hot these days. And wow.. People are creative ! :thumbsup
Combining all this know how and ideas really is inpireing. And the cost... :eek:thumbsup

TMP you are also one of my inspirations. Just you replying to my thread makes me smile! Thank you sir!

and I am planning to join SIWDAT

You have your cost : coolness ratio in a good place!:thumbsup Looks like you had a great time! Did you paint the helmet too? That's a very cool paint job.

I pretty much joined this forum simply based on the fact that everytime you look up Iron Man armour concepts/ ideas/ pics, you're continually linked to this page :D

Fantastic job on the suit too! The helmet looks pretty damn snazzy for $150 too!

I need help. I would like to have suggestions and working mechanics to have a removable faceplate hinge. Nothing too technical. Just a simple set up where I can use hardware store bought stuff.

Really killer suit man!

as for removable faceplate.. maybe go with strong magnets instead of a mechanical connection?

I need help. I would like to have suggestions and working mechanics to have a removable faceplate hinge. Nothing too technical. Just a simple set up where I can use hardware store bought stuff.

If you're not in a hurry I have a tutorial coming up next week on how to make an automatic opening and closing faceplate with eyes that light up. I won't have the parts to start until next week and I'm still working some of the details.

Mighty fine use of $200 bucks! The good thing about the colors of War Machine is that its harder to tell if you've cut corners.

Your roommate looks just like a girl that used to work for me when I managed a bar. She moved out to Cali a couple years ago so who knows, maybe its her. Her name isn't Amber is it?

Mighty fine use of $200 bucks! The good thing about the colors of War Machine is that its harder to tell if you've cut corners.

Your roommate looks just like a girl that used to work for me when I managed a bar. She moved out to Cali a couple years ago so who knows, maybe its her. Her name isn't Amber is it?

Amber is not her name. But she is available if you guys want to know. Lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back