Repo Men - Seriously?!

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone else seen the commercials for this? Could this be any more of a plot ripoff of Repo: The Genetic Opera??

It looks like it could be an OK flick... Were it NOT for the blatant and disgusting plagiarism.
:(

I barely see a similarity. If the makers of the "Repo: The Genetic Opera" hasn't filed a lawsuit already, it's safe to say that they may not either mind the similarity or not see a similarity in between the films.

Last edited:
I'm actually looking forward to seeing it. To me this is the first movie in awhile thats made me actually wanna see it as opposed to just something to go see.

well its the concept, and even some of the marketing, using the barcodes etc.. there are just alot of similarities that bug me enough to not like it.

the movie is based off a book called reposition mambo by eric Garcia its a very good book and it looks like they at least from the trailers that they nailed it if you haven't read anything from this author you should pick up a book of his. also on a side note the same person that wrote this book also wrote matchstick men

the movie is based off a book called reposition mambo by eric Garcia its a very good book and it looks like they at least from the trailers that they nailed it if you haven't read anything from this author you should pick up a book of his. also on a side note the same person that wrote this book also wrote matchstick men

Oh, brilliant! I loved his Rex novels (read Anonymous Rex and Casual Rex). I'll have to see about picking this one up and giving it a read. :)

First thing I thought -- hmmm... sounds a lot like the sandman turned runner in Logan's Run -- just a different kick start. That said, I'll likely see it when the DVD comes out. I'm a sucker for (even mediocre) chase flicks.

Doug

I was thinking it looks like a Minority Report knock off

a man who works for the system... then he has to run from it

meh...

think I'll go watch MR

Anyone else seen the commercials for this? Could this be any more of a plot ripoff of Repo: The Genetic Opera??

First there was the book...

Than there was the Broadway play...

Than The Genetic Opera...

Now "Repo Men"

I don't recall who owns the rights for what on the deal, but The Genetic Opera was hardly the original. That being said, The Genetic Opera is the most terribly horrible movie ever made. So bad that it is actually good! In fact we hold "shadow-cast" performances of the movie now and than (Rockey style). That being said, I went into Repo Men thinking I wouldn't like it, but in fact I did. Nothing too great, just an entertaining movie with a slight twist at the end. Not sure if I would bother seeing it in theater, but I'd say it's worth renting

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back