Goonie

Sr Member
"15 seconds MacGruber!"
*KABOOM!*
MacGrubercopy.jpg

April 23, 2010​

Here's the trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810105591/video/17720239

I guess this will hold us over until the MacGyver movie comes out.:rolleyes

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!? So let me get this strait....An SNL skit which is a parody of MacGyver gets made into a movie before the actual show the skit was made from does?!?!? What the holy hell?!?!?! I'm a HUGE MacGyver fan and I will absolutely not go see this piece of **** movie. I'm seriously pissed off about this. GOD I hate hollywood.

"15 seconds MacGruber!"
*KABOOM!*
MacGrubercopy.jpg

April 23, 2010​

Here's the trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810105591/video/17720239

I guess this will hold us over until the MacGyver movie comes out.:rolleyes

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!? So let me get this strait....An SNL skit which is a parody of MacGyver gets made into a movie before the actual show the skit was made from does?!?!? What the holy hell?!?!?! I'm a HUGE MacGyver fan and I will absolutely not go see this piece of **** movie. I'm seriously pissed off about this. GOD I hate hollywood.

1.) Why the **** would you want a MacGyver movie? What, because Hollywood has done so well with its TV-show-to-movie adaptations? Were you such a huge fan of Miami Vice, SWAT, etc. -- the film versions? Do you really think The A-Team is looking super-fantastico? RDA would not be back for a MacGyver film. It'd just be another "Reimagining/reboot/renevisioning/re-bilking-fans-of-the-franchise-by-plastering-the-name-on-something-with-the-slimmest-connection-to-the-original-material" movie. Trust me. Just go watch the DVDs. I think Netflix is still streaming Season 1, too.

2.) The MacGruber sketches were funny. The trailer to this is kind of funny. I question whether 90-120 minutes of a film like this will be funny. My hunch is that it won't. It'll be maybe 20 min of funny spread out over the movie and the rest will be MAYBE mildly amusing. At best. Look, SNL's show format has ALWAYS been too long. that's why the rebroadcasts are always edited down to an hour. Their tendency is to drag their sketches on WAAAAAAY past the point of funny. So blowing the sketch into a full-fledged movie? The only times I've seen that work were the original Blues Brothers movie and the original Wayne's World movie. That's it. The other SNL movies are typically crap.

In the SNL skit the punch line is that he always gets blown up at the end. It works for a 1-2 minute skit, but an entire hour?

I thought the Caveman sitcom would be as funny as the commercials and that didn't pan out.

Looks like a good cast though, so who knows... it'll all depend on the writing.

I agree - the skit is funny, but the punchline is him getting blown up. In this movie are we gonna have a few half hour "jokes" to get to the "blowing up""punchline"? Or perhaps he'll get blown up 43,000 times in the movie. Either way sounds pretty silly to me.

Better left as small shorts, I say.

It was directed by Jorma Taccone (Kevin Powell from Hot Rod and Mitch from graphics in Role Models singing "Rock me like a hurricaine"). Jorma is one of The Lonely Island (Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone). They are a VERY funny trio and responsible for all the SNL digital shorts you see.

If I remember right I think it was Jorma, Will Forte and Kristen Wiig who wrote the majority of it. They said early on that this film would be a VERY hard R rating movie and from what one initial earlybird reviewer said that it's nuts and really funny, so who knows.

I admit I don't think all the clips in that red band trailer were 100% hilarious, but the film as a whole might be a real blast with the people they got in it.

I have almost every season of MacGyver on DVD. I love vegging out and watching them. They define the 90's for me. I do not want a MacGyver movie by any means but Seeing this just makes me sick.

I have almost every season of MacGyver on DVD. I love vegging out and watching them. They define the 90's for me. I do not want a MacGyver movie by any means but Seeing this just makes me sick.

Ah, ok. Well, that makes more sense, actually. (seriously, I'm not being patronizing)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back