MR wil make Darth Maul costume ???

Benkenove

I have read in another forum that someone read a MR article in a Toy Review magazine that MR will make a Darth Maul costume...

Is this true ??? Is there any confirmed ??? Will they used the same patterns and same fabrics on originals?? or will be a cheapo and ugly custom version ???

About this, anyone knows when MR will release his SW costumes... (Obi, Ani... and maul ??? )

Thanks.

I saw a mockup of the Maul on some website and I can't remember where. The robe they had on it wasn't pleated like the screen one, but not sure if that's gonna be the finished robe or not. It certainly didn't look great at this stage, but it wouldn't be expected to look great if it's only a mockup. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes together.

Dave :)

I really hope they can go for accuracy instead of mockups... BTW, who the heck wants a mockup ?? All of us want accurate replicas...

I´m more than sure that if they use the original patterns, and use the original fabrics, they will be selling a lot ... If not, would be better to get a fan-made one...

I had forgotten that MR was going to do costumes. But to hear about a Maul on the drawing board is news to me. I would love to see this done too.

That's interesting.
For the last couple of years, I've been working with my friend and our professional seamstress/costume designer on reverse engineering the patterns from his original costume.
Patterns were finished, mock ups completed and approved and in my possession. Most of the same fabrics were located except for the pants material. Other than that, the entire costume is good to go. So good in fact that setting them side by side, minus any subtle differences in the dye lot, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the original and the replica. Which is what we accuracy nuts strive for.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ May 31 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1253675[/snapback]</div>
Patterns were finished, mock ups completed and approved and in my possession. Most of the same fabrics were located except for the pants material. Other than that, the entire costume is good to go. So good in fact that setting them side by side, minus any subtle differences in the dye lot, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the original and the replica. [/b]

Pics PLEASE....... :D

lol, we havent seen Obis and Anis costumes yet and we are already rooting for a Mauls one.

Woohoo collecting rules

Now seriously I dont think theyll make a Maul costume, or at least they wont shortly in time, from my view, of course I dont have nothing to back that up, its just my guess.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I have read in another forum that someone read a MR article in a Toy Review magazine that MR will make a Darth Maul costume...[/b]

Sounds cool.
What website was this on?

David

No website... I guy told that in a thread on The Dented Helmet... He said that he was reading the latest TOY REVIEW magazine and saw an article talking about MR costumes, and appear a picture of the Darth Maul costume...

Once again, I have no confirmation that MR is going to release it... I´m just asking if this is true or not :$ or if MR could confirm anything...

Would be more than amazing ...

<div class='quotetop'>(DAVIDYR1 @ May 31 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1253700[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
I have read in another forum that someone read a MR article in a Toy Review magazine that MR will make a Darth Maul costume...[/b]

Sounds cool.
What website was this on?

David
[/b][/quote]

Saw the picture in the toy review magazine. They used the pic of the Anakin costume. Either they were told MR is doing the Maul costume or it was a typo and they confused the two costumes.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back