Iron Man Mechanical Boot - Research

Wow, nice reference shots. Must have taken you ages to upload those and post them in a post.

I really hope somebody gets around to making/finishing one of these, I'd love to finally see someone finish one.

Thank you for the great pictures!!!!

Well like someone else pointed out, it seems theres a rubber 'bootie' in there, probably fit around Robert Downey's foot, with pipes and tubes and stuff molded in. You could start by figuring out those dimensions and work from there.

I already did that. I bought a rubber boot and wrapped it with fiberglas. Got some problems as the angel is different.

I started on the frame already. The toes are a complex structure, different from the final Mark II or III armor as they are only the endoskeleton.

Will keep you posted.

There's one last scene where you can see the exoskeleton frame, which is right before the CGI shot of the prototype armor being put on. In this one you can see some LED's that are lit up. It's also the closest thing to a full frontal shot, barring someone getting more pictures of the actual prop.

p.jpg i wanted to ask what the things are in the red circles....

Hello everybody,

I am currently researching another Iron Man project: Tony's Repulsor Boot.

http://www.hollywoodhardware.de/board/08.jpg

I am especially looking for the large object on the backside of the boot and all the little piston connectors. I am pretty sure, the large thingy is a found object. I browsed the net for animatronic piston connectors, but so far I had no luck.

I found some comic con 07 pictures of the original boot, but if anybody has additional photos of the prop, I'd appreciate those.

Cheers,

Thomas
witch piston connectors are use ?

Another clue that might be the configuration of this brake master cylinder. The mounting structure is angled and the two ports at the top would either be angled or level making the mounting structure either level or angled depending on how it sits. I've done some random searching myself and came across some Triumph Spitfire master cylinders that have angled reservoirs.

At first because of the air regulator disconnects I thought it was from a dual air regulator. I think your on the right track.

Based on the second photo, I would say it is a rear brake master cylinder off of a motorcycle that uses a remote reservoir. The nut, at the bottom, with the loom coming out of it is the brake light switch. Maybe off of a sport bike.

I looked around but cound not find any the had angled ports. I also found some proportioning valves that are similar but still no angled ports.
it's OEM Harley-Davidson VRSCD rear brake master cylinder

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back