Robocop Cain 1/12 from Argonauts. I need ref. pics, please!

staermose

Sr Member
I've found a kit I've been looking for, for a very long time. And last sunday I found it a model kit event. A seller had it for 60$. Compared to the prices I've seen it to before, this has to be a great deal.

Its made up different materials bot resin, vinyl and white metal pieces. Its going to be a challenge to build, but I think It'll look great once completed. I plan to add some extra parts such as springs and wires. They seem to be on the studio miniature, but are missing in the kit.

If anybody have any reference material on the studio miniature, I would very much like to see it. Especially the back side.

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Robocop Cain 1/12 fro Argonauts. I need ref. pics, please!

Awesome! I can wait to see the build WIPs!

Do you have any info about who made this kit?

Are these any good..? I'm not sure if the last two are the studio miniature, but I think the rest are. Looking forward to seeing pics of your build, I think the robocain was a great design, I'd really like a nice model of it myself.

Cheers

Phil

robocain02.jpg

robocain03.jpg

robocain04.jpg

robocain05.jpg

robocain01.jpg

robocain06.jpg

robocain07.jpg

robocain08.jpg

cain1.jpg

323521992_da87244fd0.jpg

323523378_f80d05c5b7.jpg

Amazing work of art. I wish the kit wasn't so rare and $60 is a steal. I think I saw another kit selling for close to $200. Someone needs to re-cast :) wouldn't be hard to make the metal parts either in pewter or something else. I remember someon on here making a 3d printed Cain model and it was studio scale I believe. Maybe it was the Robocop forum. I would love to see build pics and would love even more so to learn how the original Cain was made.

I remember visiting Mike Howard in Manchester circa 1995/6 and he had a Cain model which stood about 2 feet tall on his bench.It wasn't completed at that time but looked incredibly detailed.I have a mint boxed Argonaut kit but now feel I cant build it cos of it's rareity.bugger!

Very cool pics and model too.

Hello Staermose.

I have this kit too, but I’m missing two pieces for the kit.
The arm that has the crab claw on it and the spot welding head.

I’m will to pay CASH for these replacement parts, if your willing to make these two parts for me out of resin.

Thanks, Robotguy.

Feel free to email me.

Very cool pics and model too.

Hello Staermose.

I have this kit too, but I’m missing two pieces for the kit.
The arm that has the crab claw on it and the spot welding head.

I’m will to pay CASH for these replacement parts, if your willing to make these two parts for me out of resin.

Thanks, Robotguy.

Feel free to email me.

I'd love to do it if I knew how to. But I havn't got the faintest idea how to cast parts.

The spot welding head shouldntt be to hard to scracth build, and the part in the kit isn't correct. At least I plan to modify mine.

The arm on the other hand will be a pain in the youknowwhat to scratch.

If you like I can cast the two parts is resin for you?

I've cast stuff in resin before, so no big deal!

I could send you collateral (CASH?) and you could send me the two pieces, then I would make the recasts and send the originals back to you in their original condition!

What do you think, I’m open to suggestions?

I know this is many many years later... but does anyone remember a Metal-made version that some guy did? I couldda swore it was here on RPF, but I cant find it.

The guy was making a full-blown replica, and using a lathe and other metal-shaping tools to make a Metallic Version of Cain.

Anyone see this thread? Can you post a like to it here? That'd be some good reference pics.

---update---

I think this was it http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54507-robocain-robocop-2/

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back