Iron Man Repulsor-Gauntlet and glove

Zendragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I am going to put this on my plate of things I want to make. Planning to cast my arm this weekend.

I have a couple ideas of how I could make it, but any suggestions for someone that has limited tools and budget?

At this time, I am thinking about using ABS to make the frame from...

Thanks!!

Iron_Man_1010.jpg

Iron_Man_1477.jpg

How cheap is aluminum sheeting? Like something you can get at the local hardware store? One of my friend's made something similar to above using common items. I'll ask him and get a pic.

Oh and did you see my post about the Iron Man briefcase? You need to make you one of those. That would be awesome.

Ryu

I think I missed that post. Are you referring to the briefcase from the comics?

That would be cool.

How cheap is aluminum sheeting? Like something you can get at the local hardware store? One of my friend's made something similar to above using common items. I'll ask him and get a pic.

Oh and did you see my post about the Iron Man briefcase? You need to make you one of those. That would be awesome.

Ryu

I actually started to build one for halloween last year but ran out of time and only finished the Arc reactor. I was going to make most of it out of styrene.

As cheesy as it may be, I have always liked the comic style briefcase. With the talent on this board, perhaps someone will make it.

ironman118.jpg

I've been working on this project daily for the last two weeks or so, sculpting, molding and casting all the hard hand and finger parts. My plan for the under-armature is to actually use cut steel. You can get thin sheets from The Home Depot, sketch out the main shapes, cut with tin snips and fold. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I don't see why it won't work.

I'll post pics when I get it all together.

I've been working on this project daily for the last two weeks or so, sculpting, molding and casting all the hard hand and finger parts. My plan for the under-armature is to actually use cut steel. You can get thin sheets from The Home Depot, sketch out the main shapes, cut with tin snips and fold. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I don't see why it won't work.

I'll post pics when I get it all together.

Cool keep me posted, I still want to do this project. Just got myself sidetracked

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back