Tony Stark at SDCC 2009

You look the most like RDJ here! I think having the sunglasses off actually makes you look more like RDJ...plus this pic hides your height.

That's the same types of things I was hearing from Marvel. It's really just like 3 inches I think though.

Very nice pictures. You look spot on. Who made the Arc reactor?

Thanks, I got it from a guy in Germany off of Ebay, I know very little about it. I like it though, it shows up well in pics.

You really pull the character well. It's not just the face and suit, but you also exude the same confidence that Tony Stark has in the movie.
Great job, now get to making them billions to get more into character. . .

thank man!

****, you look just like him! :confused

Hah, like I said, at a place like SDCC, that was not always a good thing. Don't think I could do the celeb thing

Is the goatee available on Ebay??:lol

Yes but some trimming is required

seriously... its kind of freaky how much you look like him :confused

I don't always see it. I think it is mainly in the eyes and eyebrows

Now go get a TMP suit !!!

Working on it!! Loan me some cash? :lol

I 2nd that request... or rather command! :)

Hey I can take up a fund lol :angel

Hey Keith! Great costume! Simple, but you pull it off well. Great pin stripe suit, goatee and hairdo. This will be an easy one to pull off for me this Halloween, though I'll hardly look this good. You look just like the man himself! :thumbsup

Thanks but it's all about style and attitude so I am sure you will do great

This is going to sound really terrible to say, like a back-handed compliment, but the last time I saw you was at SDCC in 2007 and I remember thinking you had put on just a touch of weight from how I remembered seeing you.

Man you really have slimmed down and bulked up with some muscle since then, and the costume looks spot-on. You really have the 'essence' of the character. Great job.

Hah, no worries, you should have seen me in 2008! Thanks I actually appreciate the feedback considering I have been working hard, it's good that someone could see a difference. I still have work to do but I have taken the right steps to get where I want to be.

how i had a double take myself. nice job on being born that way

Sure it's all fine and great NOW, but I wasn't so thrilled to look similar to RDJ back when less than Zero had come out :lol

Marvellous mate, just marvellous.
Where'd you get the t-shirt??

The t-shirt came from the Gap and I cut a hole in it for the Arc.

I saw you at the con and had to do a double take but then realized you were about two feet taller then Robert Downey Jr. Great Job:thumbsup

Thank you. He isn't THAT short. Now Seth Green on the other hand...

Yeah, nice work... that last one in the T is the best, you have the right eyes, face, and facial expresions to pull of RDJ perfectly.

BTW what reactor did you end up getting for that T-shirt outfit?

Thanks. Like I mentioned in the previous post, it is from a guy in Germany. I don't think he was the original maker though. It is decent but also a little thick. I still hope to find something thinner. This one works ok though

RDJ's brother from another mother.

Spot on!!

Yes RDJ can be my older and shorter brother. Also include richer.

Given pictures like the one below, I totally see you in a suit of armor minus the helmet. ;) I can't wait to see what you have at Dragon-con and next year's Wondercon along with SDCC.

ironman2w.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back