BSG Sommer Material: What Company Sold it?

I had a few people asking me about the green chroma fabric while I was at the Battlestar Auction since I handled the last group run through the dewback wing forums.

Sommers has to get a custom run produced and shipped out from China, so the cost seems to go up every year. In 2007 we paid 52.00 per yard. This doesn't include shipping costs. The minumum required for the order was 180 yards. It was nearly impossible to get enough people to chip in on the run since you only need roughly 4 yards per suit (give or take a yard I guess).

But if you are looking to order a gigantic roll, you want the Chroma Satin Stretch Gold Silver with Green Purple.

The material comes from Sommers Plastics sommers.com but I think they don't run the BSG color any longer. Good luck

15209d1247204376-indian-army-vs-american-army-holy_necroposting_batman.jpg

Sommers has to get a custom run produced and shipped out from China, so the cost seems to go up every year. In 2007 we paid 52.00 per yard. This doesn't include shipping costs. The minumum required for the order was 180 yards. It was nearly impossible to get enough people to chip in on the run since you only need roughly 4 yards per suit (give or take a yard I guess).

I spoke with them last year and they said the minimum is now 300 yards. So the chance of finding enough people for another run seems highly unlikely... :/

Hi. My company, Sommers Plastics, sold the Chroma material to universal and other costumers for Battlestar Galactica and other sci-fi flicks. You can email me directly fredschecter@gmail.com or sales@sommers.com attn Fred and I will help you

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if we are out of the color Chromaflair Satinstretch, it would require a mill run of minimum 240 yards if the pigment is available (google jdsu chromaflair to learn more about this remarkable pigment). But we do have stock on quite a few colors and constructions. Sommers also carries a wide range of cool and innovative materials. So please check us out.. I will be happy to help you directly, too. Fred Schecter sales@sommers.com

- - - Updated - - -

We could run the color but require a minumum of 240 yards, unfortunately. Universal and others wiped out all of our stock.bsgblooduniform_.jpg

Chroma Color CardBSGTwo Viper Jockies_.jpg

this is the correct page. There are more colors than shown in stock at sommers plastics

- - - Updated - - -

I would consider running less than a full minimum run at Sommers Plastics as the demand is so high from fans and replica companies. Maybe we can get a few people interested of RPF in purchasing as a group!?

If there were a means of combining requests for the proper color Sommers' Chormaflair Satinstretch as we provided Universal for BSG, I would consider making a mill run. There have been many requests over the years and companies like Anovos would be very happy if we had this in stock. I hope some of TheRPF members might make a suggestion how to get this done. I can be contacted at sommers.com attn fred

sommers plastics in NJ

- - - Updated - - -

Check again with Fred Schecter. He will bend over backwards to make this and possibly run as little as 100 yards.
I spoke with them last year and they said the minimum is now 300 yards. So the chance of finding enough people for another run seems highly unlikely... :/

- - - Updated - - -

We do run it but with minimum runs. As a fan, I will help however possible to run less than the full minimum. Call me in the office

Hey. I am co-owner of Sommers Plastics who made the polyurethane with Chromaflair for BSG, Green Goblin, Star Trek, and many others. I am putting together a list of interested people so I can run the minimum quantity of the two colors of Chroma Satinstretch and Marchasite Asteroir (for BSG flight uniforms). Thanks for spreading the word and contacting me if you want to be added to the list. I will be working as closely as possible to keep the price down on this expensive material.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey. this is Fred-of Sommers Plastics who made the polyurethane with Chromaflair for BSG, Green Goblin, Star Trek, and many others. Now, I am putting together a list of interested people so I can run the minimum quantity of the two colors of Chroma Satinstretch and Marchasite Asteroir (for BSG flight uniforms). Thanks for spreading the word and contacting me if you want to be added to the list. I will be working as closely as possible to keep the price down on this expensive material.

- - - Updated - - -

We are going to run this. I will make sure... I am co-owner of Sommers Plastics who made the polyurethane with Chromaflair for BSG, Green Goblin, Star Trek, and many others. I am putting together a list of interested people so I can run the minimum quantity of the two colors of Chroma Satinstretch and Marchasite Asteroir (for BSG flight uniforms). Thanks for spreading the word and contacting me if you want to be added to the list. I will be working as closely as possible to keep the price down on this expensive material.

- - - Updated - - -

We are going to run this. I will make sure... I am co-owner of Sommers Plastics who made the polyurethane with Chromaflair for BSG, Green Goblin, Star Trek, and many others. I am putting together a list of interested people so I can run the minimum quantity of the two colors of Chroma Satinstretch and Marchasite Asteroir (for BSG flight uniforms). Thanks for spreading the word and contacting me if you want to be added to the list. I will be working as closely as possible to keep the price down on this expensive material.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You can order as little or as much as you want. There are three colors/patterns. I will make it happen.
Fred Schecter

I'm a little late to the game here, I realize, but what's the latest on the availability of this fabric? I had a look at the relevant page on the Sommers website but I'm not sure which is the correct color. Thanks.

Hi. I am an owner of Sommers. www.sommers.com. We did make this Chromaflair polyurethane originally but it is out of stock and the minimum can be as much (MAYBE 180) as 240 yards. The material is so expensive we can only make this for custom orders. Sorry.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back