MR UK exclusive stormtrooper helmet mods?

ob1al

Sr Member
I just picked up one of these from play.com and am interested to see any mods board members have made to these budget helmets.

The obvious issues are filling the seam under the frown and modding the ears (adding some screws maybe)? Does white silicone really work to fill the seam or does it look crappy?

I'm not concerned about making this dead accurate, that's impossible with this helmet anyway, just about fixing the obvious things which will bug me.

Can anyone show me some pics of one with modifications?

Thanks

Al

Yep that thread should sum up whats needed.. or if you cant be bothered to open the link;

Most people swap out the lenses, do some work on the teeth, fill in the seam, trim the ears for a slimmer fit and add screws and most upgrade the decals too.

But to be honest with all this work they still look a little odd, so if your after an accurate looking helmet you may just as well start of with a more acurate looking helmet to start with.

Be sure to post pictures if you decide to do any of these upgrades, cheers fbj.

actaully to be fair guys although its a great tutorial in the link above; pictures are now removed. It certainly was the one I used when I did my mod

I did one on my home forum with the UKG - with a few links to other troopers whom I
got help from as well

http://ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19182&start=0

let me know mate, happy to chat over the phone if u need - I am just outside the boro :D

Last edited:
Here's a shot of mine.

Brow raised, teeth opened out, fourth tooth drilled and shaped, new grill added behind, frown paint widened, new tube stripes, new darker lenses, frown seam filled, ear thickness reduced, screws added. Personally, I like the symmetrical look.

lid_04010901.jpg

And here's mine (before weathering to make it a sandy)
MRCETK044.JPG

I would really recommend replacing the ears with accurate ones.
I hate the MR ears and think correct ears really enhances the look.

The modded helmets look great, thanks for all your pics.

Where can I find some replacement stormtrooper ear pulls?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back